Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Medallion packets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
For years airlines - especially US ones - have been trying to get away from issuing personalized cards to lower tiers - now it has gotten all the way to the top tier. It started with the car rental companies who used to issue them, then the hotels, the lower tiers with the airlines - and now everyone.

UA really has led the pack on this one, and the others are gladly following.

They are looking to save some money - nothing more - here...I am just not sure it is worth the ‘cost’ in other directions...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JoelThomas
Or some of us still have Windows Phones without the option for the Fly Delta (among many, many others) App.

Part of me hopes my phone will die sometime soon so I can justify replacing it with an Android.
You can always just print out the card on the website and laminate if you want a physical card. Although, I'm noticing it doesn't have dates on it which seems odd.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 27, 2019 at 10:23 am
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by LBJ
You can always just print out the card on the website and laminate if you want a physical card. Although, I'm noticing it doesn't have dates on it which seems odd.
Yeah, there's usually always a work-around. But in broader terms, my coworker has season tickets to the Detroit Tigers. And he had a flip phone. This year most (if not all?) MLB went to digital only tickets. He had to buy a smartphone just to use the season tickets he has purchased for years.

And the MLB Ballpark app isn't available to my phone platform, either. So if I want to go to an MLB game this year, I'll need to go with somebody who owns iOS/Android.

Anyway, bringing it back on-topic-ish, to use an electronic boarding pass on DL I need to access it via the mobile browser. So 99% of the time I just print out a BP at the kiosk.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:51 pm

You can access your skymiles membership card via the browser as well, so you don't really need the app just for that.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I finally received my PM packet today. I don't remember receiving it in 2017 when I made it the first time, or anytime last year. So this is the first I've looked at the luggage tags, and was surprised that they are not personalized. Back in the day when I flew everywhere on USAir, I loved having the tags with my name and FF number on it, instead of a tag with all of my contact info on it.

What exactly is the point of these tags???? Just the brag that you flew (or bought) your way to a piece of plastic?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Recieved my DM packet Monday. Metal tags are back (along with plastic thing to attach to luggage that I can’t figure out).

No SM# on the tags though.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by dafunk10
Recieved my DM packet Monday. Metal tags are back (along with plastic thing to attach to luggage that I can’t figure out).

No SM# on the tags though.
Is the design the same as past metal tags?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Yes, but nothing about 2MM as in the past.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:27 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Both I (DM) and my wife (PM) received 2 packets each over the past week. The serial numbers on the JWDs were unique between the packages, so it was not truly duplicate. So now I've got 4 DM tags and 8 JWD's and she has 4 PM tags and 4 JWD's (plus the ones from years past).
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by kpbadger; Apr 2, 2019 at 12:36 pm
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by kpbadger
Both I (DM) and my wife (PM) received 2 packets each over the past week. The serial numbers on the JWDs were unique between the packages, so it was not truly duplicate. So now I've got 4 DM tags and 8 JWD's and she has 4 PM tags and 4 JWD's (plus the ones from years past).
I don't really need new tags, but I would love to have extra JWDs!
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Is the design the same as past metal tags?
Originally Posted by Xeno
Yes, but nothing about 2MM as in the past.
On eBay they appear to say "Experience the Medallion Difference" including a Silver Medallion tag. Is this not the way yours arrived Xeno?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
..."Experience the Medallion Difference" ...
Yes metal, with the DL branded catch phrase, which I will not be bragging about... these will be on eBay soon, can't believe what these are selling for, especially the unused ones. I have 7 years of new DM tags still attached to the paper they came on along with this years 1MM plastic mistakes. My Charter tags, the first year Metal and my first 1MM tags have been used and I still have them on my bags. Never did get the 2MM plastic ones.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Just received my packet today. I was expecting the plastic ones but metal came instead. Also 4 JWD tickets.

I don't really need new tags, but I would love to have extra JWDs!
You can probably ask Twitter to send you some extras.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Just received my packet today. I was expecting the plastic ones but metal came instead. Also 4 JWD tickets.

You can probably ask Twitter to send you some extras.
You can ask, but if my experience is any indication, you won't get more. I've asked more times than I can count, and "no" was always the answer.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Also received mine today. My two tags are different colors; not sure if that is a production fluke or not. One is a light blue/silver and the other is kind of a dark silver with greenish tinge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.