Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Medallion packets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:17 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Does anyone know if they are putting 1MM on the actual Diamond Tags this year or just sending the separate tags out?
NO designation of MM status on the tags
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:38 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Tomphot
NO designation of MM status on the tags
Have u checked your wallet on the web-site to see what's printed on the card there?

In my case of a lowly Gold the wallet card does show basic MM status so I just added a "2" ahead of the "MM" and printed it out complete with the bar code
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:50 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Have u checked your wallet on the web-site to see what's printed on the card there?

In my case of a lowly Gold the wallet card does show basic MM status so I just added a "2" ahead of the "MM" and printed it out complete with the bar code
The new tags however do not have MM status noted, just the new Red ones
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:44 pm

My PM package arrived today 3/25/19.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:53 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Also, not a big fan of going all digital, because:
1. There are people in the world who still have non smart phones (my Dad, for one).
2. And, there are places where data access is not readily available (I cannot get emails on my phone in China, for example) and I don't do apps (except Uber). So in this instance, how would one pull up their digital membership card?

But I am sure I am an oddity in this, as in most other things in life.

Thx
Take a screenshot of it, and save it in yer Gallery with yer pics. I do the same with all Boarding Passes.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:38 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by davetravels
Take a screenshot of it, and save it in yer Gallery with yer pics. I do the same with all Boarding Passes.

I tied to use a screen shot pic to get thru TSA and was denied
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:46 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
I tied to use a screen shot pic to get thru TSA and was denied
You're talking about a boarding pass, I assume? How in the world can they even tell the difference? I do it all the time! All they do is scan the QR code <I think that's what it's called>.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:27 am

2. And, there are places where data access is not readily available (I cannot get emails on my phone in China, for example) and I don't do apps (except Uber). So in this instance, how would one pull up their digital membership card?
The delta app has an offline mode, you can still access your card when data/wifi are switched off (and on iOS you can simply add the card to the wallet (which also does not require active data) and delete the app if you want)

Not sure what's particularly objectionable about the app. The upsides are enormous (gate information alone is huge) and the downsides are... I'm not sure???
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
The delta app has an offline mode, you can still access your card when data/wifi are switched off (and on iOS you can simply add the card to the wallet (which also does not require active data) and delete the app if you want)

Not sure what's particularly objectionable about the app. The upsides are enormous (gate information alone is huge) and the downsides are... I'm not sure???
Not necessarily objectionable but some folk carry corporate devices without permission to install apps. I don’t have that issue myself but I’m cognizant of different limitations some people face out there.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic

Um, giving Delta access to my contacts and my location history. Nothankyouverymuch. The only app I have on my phone that is not work or delivered is Uber. Everyone's mileage may vary on this one.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:32 pm

I'm guessing you're using android? On iOS the app has never asked me for access to contacts and it works fine without location access.

I haven't used android in a while but my memory is that it's similar to iOS in that you can deny an app's access request and the app will still run (with, perhaps, reduced functionality). So just ... don't let it access your contacts?
bgriff likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
My PM packet arrived last week, finally. I am unhappy that we don't have a physical membership card any more. I used to show it at Virgin/Skyteam lounges overseas.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Um, giving Delta access to my contacts and my location history. Nothankyouverymuch. The only app I have on my phone that is not work or delivered is Uber. Everyone's mileage may vary on this one.
What @WillBarrett_68 said, plus to add: If you're paranoid about your privacy with corporations but trust Uber over Delta (or virtually any other major corporation), you've got your priorities wrong.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:59 pm

I'm guessing you're using android? On iOS the app has never asked me for access to contacts and it works fine without location access.

I haven't used android in a while but my memory is that it's similar to iOS in that you can deny an app's access request and the app will still run (with, perhaps, reduced functionality). So just ... don't let it access your contacts?
I have the most recent Fly Delta app on my personal and work phones - Samsung S7e on Oreo(Android 8) and a Samsung S9 on Pie(Android 9). In both cases, the only permission they request is location. In practice, my observation is that location information is used to populate the nearest airport when booking a flight, and to show the nearest Sky Club. I can't imagine anything else it would be used for, but I'm not the smartest guy in the room.

That said, both phones allow me to disable that permission.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by cre95

Not necessarily objectionable but some folk carry corporate devices without permission to install apps. I don’t have that issue myself but I’m cognizant of different limitations some people face out there.
Or some of us still have Windows Phones without the option for the Fly Delta (among many, many others) App.

Part of me hopes my phone will die sometime soon so I can justify replacing it with an Android.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.