Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Medallion packets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Are the packets important in any way? I found an unopened packet from 2017 the other day, out of curiosity I opened it. No expired million dollar checks or anything important, just the PM card that I never take with me, JWD certs, etc.
Mainly for international travelers that need the physical card to access partner lounges. If you’re planning on interacting with a SkyTeam partner, particularly with a lounge, always always always bring the physical card - many of them won’t accept the digital card in the app. Learned this the hard way in a variety of places, including AF/KL outstation lounges. Even the HKG express immigration signup requires a physical card, because they need to scan the card for their records and match it to a book of images...
bgriff and gooselee like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:45 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by spamkiller
I thought that was a KM benefit, not a DM benefit.
I’ve been getting the clank clank ones since crossing the 2MM frontier, even as a lowly GM. They make an especially good noise when you put three of them together on your bag!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:29 pm

Thumbs down Cards Are Important

Originally Posted by bgriff
Just curious, has anyone (who renewed the same status level for 2019) gotten their new Medallion packet yet? Nothing so far for me, and oddly I also don't have any drink tickets showing up in the app (as a DM), so just wondering if I might need to chase something down.
Darn it. By February I am in places like Cairo, Beirut, etc. on KLM or AF and those local folks like to see the card for lunge access. Heck, DL is a major corporation with some, some, solid management. Can't they find a vender to get the cards out in early February? No way to run an airline and treat those who are your most loyal customers. Withers
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:22 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BenA
Mainly for international travelers that need the physical card to access partner lounges. If you’re planning on interacting with a SkyTeam partner, particularly with a lounge, always always always bring the physical card - many of them won’t accept the digital card in the app. Learned this the hard way in a variety of places, including AF/KL outstation lounges. Even the HKG express immigration signup requires a physical card, because they need to scan the card for their records and match it to a book of images...
I'll find out how this all works in BKK next week. Have a choice of KLM/AF or China Air lounges pre-departure. Am flying China Eastern in business. Not sure but they may just give me a pass for one of those lounges. I may try getting in with my digital DM card and see how it works.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I can't wait for the new bag tags. I have 5 years worth of diamond tags on my bag, stacked. Plus, my fancy United silver bag tag (thanks, legacy Marriott platinum premier) and no-longer-valid American executive platinum.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:19 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I have 5 years worth of diamond tags on my bag, stacked.
Slacker
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I can't wait for the new bag tags. I have 5 years worth of diamond tags on my bag, stacked. Plus, my fancy United silver bag tag (thanks, legacy Marriott platinum premier) and no-longer-valid American executive platinum.
I stack my DL FO Card, TWA Ambassadors Lifetime, My Ionosphere Lifetime, and my Kryptonium card on my backpack. Lots of nice comments. I keep DM and AA Admirals Club Lifetime out of sight - they're so common
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I just got two 1MM tags in today's mail. They are the usual plastic and are red with black lettering. Not personalized.

I wonder if this is a one-off, as they definitely will not last until I clear the 2MM threshold.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I stack my DL FO Card, TWA Ambassadors Lifetime, My Ionosphere Lifetime, and my Kryptonium card on my backpack. Lots of nice comments. I keep DM and AA Admirals Club Lifetime out of sight - they're so common
If I remember correctly, you also had a FlyerTalk tag on your backpack. That's the most important of all.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Please re-make the "Plutonium" brag tags again!
davetravels likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
If I remember correctly, you also had a FlyerTalk tag on your backpack. That's the most important of all.
And you're right, ​​​​​​I do. The tags are becoming as heavy as the contents.

The only other FlyerTalk tag I've seen was Rene's. (we ended up on the same segment of an MR a few years ago).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I just got two 1MM tags in today's mail. They are the usual plastic and are red with black lettering. Not personalized.

I wonder if this is a one-off, as they definitely will not last until I clear the 2MM threshold.
Picture?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:11 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Please re-make the "Plutonium" brag tags again!
I think you mean Kryptonium?
Hepsaint and ACCDraw like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Nothing on the back except “Made in China” in smallish letters.

Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:27 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Nothing on the back except “Made in China” in smallish letters.

That's snazzy! I hope I get a 2MM version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.