Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Medallion packets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I just received this email:

Mind you, I was told by Delta that my kit was already shipped out. So ...
I got the email too, about a half hour ago.

In the meantime, I've already received my red 2MM tags.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I just got the late tags message too. Also, still no 1MM tags since March 5, when I hit that level.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:34 am
Formerly known as scootr29

End of April here..whatever
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I got the email as well.
Maybe they'll Include the 2021 package so they don't have to go through this again next year..
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I just got the late tags message too. Also, still no 1MM tags since March 5, when I hit that level.
I crossed over 2MM on Nov 2, 2018 and I received 1MM tags (which are still on the mailer and won't be used). As for today's email, DM packet and 2MM tags, nothing received.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
This may be a dumb question, but if you re-qualified this year at the same status as last year, is there any difference on the luggage tags (and membership cards from say, 2017 and 2018). I never change my luggage tags because I assume they are the same, but perhaps my assumption is wrong?

Also, not a big fan of going all digital, because:
1. There are people in the world who still have non smart phones (my Dad, for one).
2. And, there are places where data access is not readily available (I cannot get emails on my phone in China, for example) and I don't do apps (except Uber). So in this instance, how would one pull up their digital membership card?

But I am sure I am an oddity in this, as in most other things in life.

Thx
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
i received the email today as well. However, a good friend of mine who qualified for 2019 PM status last fall. This was his first time hitting PM in many years. He did receive his 2019 medallion kit a few weeks after qualifying.

I re-qualified for PM 2019 status in the fall as well. However since I was PM before I did not get my welcome kit right away. Still waiting on it...

It really is a pain. I had to convince the dragon lady (no offense) at the PVG MU lounge that I was entitled to access as ST+. It was printed on my boarding pass but she didn't believe me. She wanted a physical card. And my current card had expiration date of Jan '19.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I got the email as well.
Maybe they'll Include the 2021 package so they don't have to go through this again next year..
The Dog ate their calendar and 2019 snuck up on them,... reminds me of the Blues Brothers... "I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe DL ordered far too few DM kits early on, assuming that the MQD changes would really thin the herd, and then forgot to change the numbers when they started handing out those MQD waivers like candy to those who had been doing $25,000 on their DL AmEx cards.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
That is however irrevelant for the brand-new Million Miler tags or digital drink vouchers.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I think they're just trying to indoctrinate us into not getting them at all. Late this year, big communication about how they're coming but they've "moved digital", and next year? Set a reminder folks!
SYRRDU and cjjones051 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mridley2
i received the email today as well. However, a good friend of mine who qualified for 2019 PM status last fall. This was his first time hitting PM in many years. He did receive his 2019 medallion kit a few weeks after qualifying.

I re-qualified for PM 2019 status in the fall as well. However since I was PM before I did not get my welcome kit right away. Still waiting on it...

It really is a pain. I had to convince the dragon lady (no offense) at the PVG MU lounge that I was entitled to access as ST+. It was printed on my boarding pass but she didn't believe me. She wanted a physical card. And my current card had expiration date of Jan '19.
Once again, they are no longer sending physical Medallion cards in the kit. They are now digital only (see your wallet in the app).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
Once again, they are no longer sending physical Medallion cards in the kit. They are now digital only (see your wallet in the app).
Yes. The email that many of us received clearly states "you will still be receiving a welcome kit, featuring a set of new bag tags". It does not state that the welcome kit will include a new membership card.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
I just saw my 2019 PM welcome kit at my grandmother's house here in MNL and my kit has a physical membership card and two bag tags. I'm guessing they still give out physical membership cards to non-U.S. Medallions?

That said, I'm glad I have a new card! I can finally get rid of my PM card from the 2016 welcome kit, and hopefully when I hit DM this year the 2020 DM kit comes with a card as well.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Does anyone know if they are putting 1MM on the actual Diamond Tags this year or just sending the separate tags out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.