Gold Delta Amex question

Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:43 pm
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Gold Delta Amex question

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum.
I received an email in November with an offer to sign up for the Delta Gold Amex. The welcome offer was 50,000 SkyMiles after $2,000 spend in 3 months and then an additional 25,000 SkyMiles after $1,000 spend in 6 months. So essentially 75,000 SkyMiles after $3,000 spend in 6 months. I applied for this card using the link emailed to me in November but was denied because my credit was on a security freeze. I kind of forgot about the offer until Thursday so I applied again using that link. Am I still eligible for that welcome offer? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
You should've seen the offer when you clicked on the link, but it likely had an expiration. I always take screenshots of the offer I am applying for. You should be able to chat with Amex to confirm.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jackvogt
I applied for this card using the link emailed to me in November but was denied because my credit was on a security freeze. I kind of forgot about the offer until Thursday so I applied again using that link. Am I still eligible for that welcome offer? Any help would be appreciated.
The exclusion language usually says something like, the bonus is not available if you currently have the card or have had it in the past.*

Given that your previous application was never approved, you've never actually had the card, so it certainly seems like you ought to be eligible (assuming it was still unexpired as bloc0102 notes) ... although ultimately it's up to AMEX.

*For completeness I'll note that there are also sometimes targeted offers that don't have this exclusion language, as well as reports that they actually only look back some number of years anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.