Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DOT starts new proceeding for added HND slots

Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mnbp
Here are the applications for flight slots at HND (12 slots available to US carriers):

UA (six slots requested)
HND - EWR/ORD/IAD/LAX/IAH/GUM
Application of United Airlines (508 pages)
Answer of United Airlines (154 pages) "United's proposal will make the best use of scarce Haneda slots and provide the greatest public benefits, and No other carrier has demonstrated the benefits of its proposals more than United"
Consolidated reply of United Airlines (148 pages) "Our proposal is best, and the other guys misrepresented the facts."

HA (three slots requested)
HND - HNL (3x daily)
Application of Hawaiian Airlines (118 pages)
Answer of Hawaiian Airlines (111 pages) "Why HA is best, here's what's wrong with DL's request, here's what's wrong with UA's request, and here's what's wrong with AA's request"
Consolidated Reply of Hawaiian Airlines (33 pages) "Our proposal is best, and here's what's wrong with DL, UA and AA's proposals"

AA (four slots requested)
HND - DFW/LAX/DFW/LAS (DFW is AA's first and third preference)
Application of American Airlines (135 pages)
Answer of American Airlines (106 pages) "Only AA adds competition, DL squanders scarce resources, and don't reward UA further"
Consolidated Reply of American Airlines (111 pages) "Here's why DFW, LAX and LAS should be selected, and UA's baseless attacks on AA distract from UA's poor proposal"

DL (six slots requested)
HND - SEA/DTW/ATL/PDX/HNL/HNL (HNL Is DL's fifth and sixth preference)
Application of Delta Air Lines (199 pages)
Answer of Delta Air Lines (90 pages) "DL's proposal maximizes public benefits, DL's proposal should be granted in full before UA, AA, and HA are considered, and DL deserves the slot times it has requested"
Reply of Delta Air Lines (75 pages) "Answers from UA, AA and HA underscore why DL's proposal should be granted in full, and B6's answer is irrelevant to this proceeding"

And the odd filing:
Answer of Jetblue Airways Corporation (6 pages) "If it is important for DOT to grant DL's application for slots at HND, it is equally important to allow JetBlue to enter LHR and AMS"
Print Wikipost

DOT starts new proceeding for added HND slots

Old May 22, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, UA, AA, CX, SQ
Originally Posted by pbarnette
CX has no choice but to try and make lemonade from the lemons in the TPAC market and their standards for viability are far different from DL’s.
I’m surprised you didn’t directly say the corporate-approved talking point of “if DL succeeds it’s their top notch customer service attracting the premium passengers, and if they don’t, the market is lemons and is turd anyway.”

Is it lemons or not ? Cuz I see an airline tripping over themselves like thanksgiving Friday at Walmart in ramping up MSP as YET another half-hearted TPAC effort.....

saying japan is aging population of declining economy, then bidding full force for HND *and* SEA-KIX ... again ...

Tell us they can’t wait to dismantle NRT then keeping MNL tags around even after ICN JV is in place...

Continuously remind us the China 3+1 are trashing yields for everyone by subsidies then invest shares in one of them anyway *and* hype up PKX as if MU got exclusive access to it....

RealHJ likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
After this allocation from the US DOT, when can we expect airlines to publish schedules? In about a year?

I live in the Pacific Northwest and I'm roughly planning my travels for next year. I'm anticipating NRT will mostly disappear from the schedules and I won't be able to connect onwards to SE Asia (other than through Korea).
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hikouki
After this allocation from the US DOT, when can we expect airlines to publish schedules? In about a year?

I live in the Pacific Northwest and I'm roughly planning my travels for next year. I'm anticipating NRT will mostly disappear from the schedules and I won't be able to connect onwards to SE Asia (other than through Korea).
Japan is not going to be your SkyTeam route to SE Asia. Not NRT. Not HND. It will be SEA-ICN-Destination. Those schedules are already available
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hikouki

What was the decision (allocation of slots)?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What was the decision (allocation of slots)?
Discussed extensively in the previous 50 posts or so. #146
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Japan is not going to be your SkyTeam route to SE Asia. Not NRT. Not HND. It will be SEA-ICN-Destination. Those schedules are already available
Often I travel with my aging parents and the NRT-SEA vv flights below 10 hours are really manageable for them. Last time we connected using CI and VN and it was manageable too (surprisingly). I am not keen on using KE or going through ICN unless I am by myself.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
In that case, you’re probably better off using JL or NH if the Japan transit is your preference. DL’s days of connecting pax in NRT are numbered. You might be able to pull off some interline fares in the future, and you might get decent pricing out of it, but schedules may not be coordinated to your advantage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.