Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does Puerto Vallarta / PVR have priority security lines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Not for first class folks but for people with medallion status (Platinum)? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I can't speak to PVR specifically, but for any of the leisure-oriented airports in Mexico/the Caribbean, I never bank on any sort of priority lines as making a big difference. Things can be such a mess when a bunch of flights all leave around the same time back to the US, combined with generally slower throughput at check-in, security, etc. as compared to US airports, that I always give it 2-2.5 hours just in case things are really backed up.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NoleATL
Not for first class folks but for people with medallion status (Platinum)? Thanks in advance.
They do not......
NoleATL likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Almost everywhere in Mexico has priority or VIP access, if you tip enough.
NoleATL likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Almost everywhere in Mexico has priority or VIP access, if you tip enough.

Exactly what I was going to post. On arrival $20 will get you and your bags to and thru the front of the arrivals lines. Outbound the same. $20 to a porter and you'll be through in no time. Just did a trip to Bolivia where they xray arriving bags so the lines were horrendous. We were through in less than 5 minutes after a $20 to the porter.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by sdix
Exactly what I was going to post. On arrival $20 will get you and your bags to and thru the front of the arrivals lines. Outbound the same. $20 to a porter and you'll be through in no time. Just did a trip to Bolivia where they xray arriving bags so the lines were horrendous. We were through in less than 5 minutes after a $20 to the porter.
When I was in Egypt in 2013, if you tipped (aka paid the bribe) after the porters in official uniforms grabbed your bags upon entry into the terminal you could skip security.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
Originally Posted by NoleATL
No they don't.

Security when you're leaving PVR is almost always very fast, anyways.

When you arrive immigration usually goes pretty quick, as well. Customs can be another story altogether. I have a friend that gets a wheelchair for PVR and that gets him through customs a lot quicker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.