Brag tags for every medallion member

Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
So much vitriol for luggage tags. Swag is swag, I hope as a newly-minted FO I actually receive one.\

Edit: I actually clicked through and see it's "for 2020 Medallion status" so I need to keep it going (which was the plan anyway)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by enviroian
You think Delta is bad....over here at AA they give AC members TAGS! Yes. They have zero meaning only to tell someone "hey look I'm an Admirals' Club member".

I laugh when I see one. When I got mine in the mail I promptly threw it in the trash.
Bragging about how signalling is beneath you is... signalling
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
wonder what prompted DL to bring back tags for FO and GM? Customer feedback?
flamingocrazyfl likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Gig103
So much vitriol for luggage tags. Swag is swag, I hope as a newly-minted FO I actually receive one.
As one of my entertainment industry friends tells me, swag means "stuff we all get."

While the card has been useful in getting into lounges overseas, I don't see any benefit in the bag tag. Never had any issues with getting into the Sky Priority line and when they do check, they ask to see a ticket. I wouldn't want my SM number printed on it because a bad actor can get the number (likewise having your home address on the tag is not a good idea). I think a drink voucher--or a pair of socks--is a better value.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
It's about time that somebody in Delta marketing realized that this is probably the most cost-effective marketing device there is, and that taking them away in the first place was a mistake.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
You think the DM agent is going to hang up on me/add a 'not fit to fly' remark in my file when asking for a set of Silver brag tags?
jinglish likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I put my DM tags on my wife's luggage. She has no status.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by No_Name

As one of my entertainment industry friends tells me, swag means "stuff we all get."

While the card has been useful in getting into lounges overseas, I don't see any benefit in the bag tag. Never had any issues with getting into the Sky Priority line and when they do check, they ask to see a ticket. I wouldn't want my SM number printed on it because a bad actor can get the number (likewise having your home address on the tag is not a good idea). I think a drink voucher--or a pair of socks--is a better value.
You mean like Nicolas Cage??? Or Kevin Costner??? What would they do with your SM number?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by No_Name

That is the definition I was using of Swag, the 'we' being Medallion members but honestly if they were handing out personalized tags on the website I'd still click the link. If I get one, I plan on attaching it to my checked bag, any little thing to help differentiate my bag from the 300 other Costco-sold black Samsonites. In terms of value, you're absolutely right there isn't one (which is why it's swag to me), any more than the socks Delta sent to marathonski that you mentioned, or people who win t-shirts at a basketball game.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I qualified for DM late last year and got the plastic 2019 tags. They feel thicker than my PM ones, which is nice. I like to keep one in each car to use as ice scrapers.
EarlVolFan, DiverDave and mdaecher like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
You mean like Nicolas Cage??? Or Kevin Costner??? What would they do with your SM number?
Haha! But in this case I was using "bad actor" in the security sense. Though your example may want to resell stolen sky miles
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Eddie98
wonder what prompted DL to bring back tags for FO and GM? Customer feedback?

Probably when someone realized that for a few cents per person they can get years of advertising in airports, hotels, cruise ships and other places all over the world.
flamingocrazyfl likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
So much vitriol for luggage tags. Swag is swag, I hope as a newly-minted FO I actually receive one.\

Edit: I actually clicked through and see it's "for 2020 Medallion status" so I need to keep it going (which was the plan anyway)
You mean I have to wait a whole year to get my brag tag? I don't think I can contain my excitement for that long

Hopefully, they will have a printed barcode or some sort of place to put your contact info so they can actually be used as a luggage tag - otherwise they are worthless.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by slykens
Ill just have to bust out my 1999 NW Silver tags. Imagine the respect Ill command as I stroll through the airport!

I still have my NW Gold "Million Miler" metal tag with name engraved in cursive lol
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Zorak
Bragging about how signalling is beneath you is... signalling
Do you have tags? You certainly let us know youre a DM.

Last edited by enviroian; Feb 4, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.