Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brag tags for every medallion member

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I've got my FO tag on my backpack because I'm amused at the irony of airline status when 20K of my 43K of MQMs last year were of the AmEx credit card variety. Who would have known that running a bun ch fo home improvement stuff through the right credit card would make me a 'frequent flyer'?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
The difference is that anyone can go buy a 9ers jersey, but the status-based tags are not (outside of ebay) readily available to the public
There was a time not so long ago that I could get in my car with my college sticker on the back window and drive down to Turner Field wearing a Braves jersey and use my DL luggage tag to get into the Medallion parking lot.

I don't think I have self-confidence issues, I'm just a moderate sports fan who likes parking close to the stadium.

As for using them on actual luggage, my dog ate my PM tags the first year I got made PM and I never bothered to put new ones back on after that. Haven't seen any bit of difference in service, ability/inability to stow luggage, etc.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm curious if those who are down on brag tags feel the same way about people wearing clothing or carrying bags etc. that brag about the sports teams they cheer for, or where you live or have visited, or the companies they patronize, etc.. Should everyone just wear plain-colored shirts? Like the Seinfeld bit about how we're all going to end up wearing the same V-neck silver space uniform in the future
I have to agree with you on this. Personally I don't care what other people do. Just come over to HK. It seems like every girl here have a Louis Vuitton bag.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I upgraded to the Amex DL Plat credit card and I really like the new metal credit card. I was sort of hoping Delta would take a lesson from them and make us luggage tags in metal instead of plastic!* Wishful thinking.

I do notice that the DL luggage tags has a somewhat similar design layout to the old Amex DL plastic credit cards. Now that Amex has redesigned the credit cards, I wonder if DL will redesign the luggage tags as well.

(*I think the best airline FF cards in terms of functionality are from Marco Polo Club (CX). The member kits include a metal jacket for the plastic cards and metal cables. Very durable. You can slip the card in without giving out your member number because it is at the back. They make for really good luggage ID tags. They're not just brag tags like DL's.)
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I finally got these today.

All this time I thought these were functional luggage tags that you could put your address and phone number on. But now I see you all meant it literally. They're just a status display.

I turned mine into luggage tags by putting an envelope return label on the back with a piece of Scotch tape over it.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I've got my FO tag on my backpack because I'm amused at the irony of airline status when 20K of my 43K of MQMs last year were of the AmEx credit card variety. Who would have known that running a bun ch fo home improvement stuff through the right credit card would make me a 'frequent flyer'?
Even better? If you get the DL Amex Reserve and run $120k of charges through per year you could be gold medallion with 10k MQM's to carry over and not spend one minute in a plane. After 3 years of that spend with carry over you can make platinum without again ever stepping inside a plane.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Even better? If you get the DL Amex Reserve and run $120k of charges through per year you could be gold medallion with 10k MQM's to carry over and not spend one minute in a plane. After 3 years of that spend with carry over you can make platinum without again ever stepping inside a plane.
If you have both the AMEX Personal Reserve and Business and spend $250K split evenly between the two cards, you could actually earn 120K MQMs only putting you 5K MQMs away from DM, all without stepping foot on a DL or partner flight.
jamesteroh and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by hikouki
I upgraded to the Amex DL Plat credit card and I really like the new metal credit card. I was sort of hoping Delta would take a lesson from them and make us luggage tags in metal instead of plastic!* Wishful thinking.

I do notice that the DL luggage tags has a somewhat similar design layout to the old Amex DL plastic credit cards. Now that Amex has redesigned the credit cards, I wonder if DL will redesign the luggage tags as well.

(*I think the best airline FF cards in terms of functionality are from Marco Polo Club (CX). The member kits include a metal jacket for the plastic cards and metal cables. Very durable. You can slip the card in without giving out your member number because it is at the back. They make for really good luggage ID tags. They're not just brag tags like DL's.)
Not sure if I'm missing something, but my DM tags are very much metal.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta DM
It'd be cool if DL engraved your name + possibly contact details (opt in) to actually provide some utility for the tags.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was on the phone with Delta a few days ago to sort out a flight cancellation and I asked them to send me my Gold tags since I never got them. They agreed.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
I was on the phone with Delta a few days ago to sort out a flight cancellation and I asked them to send me my Gold tags since I never got them. They agreed.
I could have sent you mine, what on earth do you plan to do with them?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I still haven’t gotten my PM kit but with virus issues and the mess that the DL employees are dealing with right now, this would be the last thing I would be asking DL about right now.
jamesteroh, CO-PLAT and defrosted like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I still haven’t gotten my PM kit but with virus issues and the mess that the DL employees are dealing with right now, this would be the last thing I would be asking DL about right now.
Why not ask at the same time? It's not like I wasted 2 hours of my life waiting for a rep to sort this out for me.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Why not ask at the same time? It's not like I wasted 2 hours of my life waiting for a rep to sort this out for me.
Because they could be helping someone else with a real problem rather than wasting an extra few minutes for brag tags.

I haven’t received my PM tags yet, but will happily wait until the current situation significantly dies down.
jamesteroh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.