Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Issues with Alamo rental car miles credited to Skymiles

Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Anyone else have trouble getting Alamo rental car partner miles credited to their Delta account? I've never had problems getting Hertz or Thrifty miles to post, but it seems Alamo is a different story. Any tips for success?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
I don't know about Alamo specifically, but anytime I rent a car through the Delta portal, it typically takes 2-4 weeks for the miles to be credited to my account. How long ago was the rental?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I rented a Alamo car about 2 weeks ago and the miles posted a few days after the rental. I booked directly through Alamo and entered my SMs #
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I rented a Alamo car about 2 weeks ago and the miles posted a few days after the rental. I booked directly through Alamo and entered my SM’s #
That's what I did, as well. My miles from a rental in early December haven't shown up yet...
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:39 pm

I have always booked my Alamo rental directly through DL, not Alamo, though I am not sure it really matters. On all of my rentals (dozens) the miles posted within two weeks except for one random rental. I emailed Alamo and they promptly resubmitted my claim and they showed up within a week after the request. I would send Alamo an email if I were you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.