Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1,000 bonus miles per new partner (Feb 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 bonus miles per new partner (Feb 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dszrew
Lyft seems to come through within a day or so. Skymilesshopping always seems to take 4 or more days, sometimes up to 2 weeks for me.
Yes, I got the 240 miles for my Skymiles Shopping posted two days later. But, the 1000 bonus miles for Skymiles Shopping through the 1K partner promotion have not posted to my account.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by pgh234
I did not get the email...but did get 1000 miles for my Lyft ride this morning
Originally Posted by Gig103
I didn't receive the email but it said I was registered when I entered my SM number. I've also used the shopping portal and Lyft in 2018 but I will try them both anyway. Low cost risk.
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I didn't receive the email but tried registering, it says I was successful.

Since I am an overseas address, I'm surprised it showed some success. I will see if I can test it out.
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Same thing here. I sat out the one last year because of the same wording. I did transfer points to miles with the promo in 2017, and received the 1K bonuses. I don't remember if the wording for that one was the same as last year's or this one, though.
Originally Posted by dszrew
Similar situation here. Got 1,000 bonus miles for Lyft and 1,000 for Skymilesshopping, even though I'd used both late last year.
experienced travel hackers/optimizers know that computers often act exactly like what the T&Cs do. Because marketing writing the T&Cs and programmers implement.

When the risk is low, it's worth it to find out
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I made a $15 Groupon through the shopping portal and received 1030 skymiles. Relevant because I use the shopping portal regularly, I'm not a new customer
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jebr
A cheap Groupon should work to trigger the 1,000 miles. At least here there's a fair amount of Groupons under $10.
Cheapest Groupons (aside from free) are $1. If you leave the search terms blank and pick a large city (San Francisco works fine), you'll get a list of all of the available local Groupons. Filter that down to those that cost between $1 and $2 and you should see a few local restaurants offering 10% off or BOGO vouchers that cost $1.

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Same thing here. I sat out the one last year because of the same wording. I did transfer points to miles with the promo in 2017, and received the 1K bonuses. I don't remember if the wording for that one was the same as last year's or this one, though.
Someone on another forum reported a Marriott transfer working this time. I just initiated a Radisson transfer to see if that would work. If anyone tries IHG, I would appreciate knowing.

Also note this language later in the promo terms:
Some partners offer multiple ways to earn miles under different products, brands, merchants, conversion of currency to miles, etc. These will still be considered as a single partner. Some examples of these cases are: Hotels booked via delta.com Hotels, merchants under the SkyMiles Shopping program, restaurants under the SkyMiles Dining program, hotel brands under the same Hotel portfolio, partner activity and a points conversion to miles from the same partner and others.
Looks like they couldn't decide if conversions would count or not, so put both forms of the language in the promo.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:17 am

Success with a Marriott transfer.

Failure with a SkyMiles Shopping purchase on an account that got credit in last year's promo.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
$4 purchase from Groupon through SM shopping on 2/18. 1008 SM posted on 2/20.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Success with a Marriott transfer.

Failure with a SkyMiles Shopping purchase on an account that got credit in last year's promo.
Did you transfer Skymiles -> Marriott, or Bonvoy -> Skymiles?
The latter is something I could do b/c I have no real use for Marriott points.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
Did you transfer Skymiles -> Marriott, or Bonvoy -> Skymiles?
The latter is something I could do b/c I have no real use for Marriott points.
Bonvoy -> SkyMiles, regular transfer of 3000 points.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I also got the bonus 1K for shopping and I think I've used the shopping portal a few other times this year.

If you can't find a $1 Groupon, I've used a $2 purchase from restaurant.com, which I think is at Delta's shopping site, for promos with other carriers.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Bonvoy -> SkyMiles, regular transfer of 3000 points.
Thanks, I received a 1k bonus on a transfer as well. 5784 -> 2928 which is nearly 2:1 instead of the normal 3:1 rate. Plus I had no use for the Marriott points.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I also received the 1K bonus points from a Radisson points-to-miles conversion. And it only took two days for everything to post to my SkyMiles account.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Was any non-US resident able to earn miles from this promo ?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
I just noticed my 1022 Skypeso Lyft ride from a few weeks ago now only shows at a 22 Skypeso Lyft ride in my activity. Not cool Delta. I am glad your IT diverted your resources to this. (I technically should not have earned the bonus since I used Lyft twice in 2018)
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by pgh234
I just noticed my 1022 Skypeso Lyft ride from a few weeks ago now only shows at a 22 Skypeso Lyft ride in my activity. Not cool Delta. I am glad your IT diverted your resources to this. (I technically should not have earned the bonus since I used Lyft twice in 2018)
Yeah, I also had the 1000 miles deducted.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: DL
Mine is gone as well. This is the second time. The first time when I did the 1000/1500 mile promo, it went away as well, after having posted. (I wrote in with a mileage request.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.