Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost status-Deupgraded overnight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
This is the first Medallion transition month since DL implemented their automation for C+ "upgrades".
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:57 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
Lovely couple. Dee Upgrade and Otto Upgrade.
Nice first time post of a little humor!

Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnbp
This is the first Medallion transition month since DL implemented their automation for C+ "upgrades".
Not sure which automation you are talking about. Automatic C+ upgrades (using SU class) for Medallions have been around since May, 2016. Perhaps you are thinking of TATL routes where they did not start selling C+ as a separate fare until Jan 2018.

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016
MarkP24 likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 4, 2019 at 2:23 pm
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by Scatter
Obviously you don't have my work computer...
Try using a slide rule and manual typewriter for a day.

You will have a newfound appreciation for your Windows 3.1 and that blazing 486 processor your boss so kindly provides you.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by arunhn
Damn. That is some highly efficient algorithm that delta is running to ‘deupgrade’ folks. I mean, I am impressed. Feel bad for the OP, but damn.
this is a simple reminder - like the rest of life, Delta can accomplish what they put their minds too. So when you hear “we are working on it” - you can safely translate that to mean, it isn’t so because we chose it to be the way it is.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Often1
Lovely couple. Dee Upgrade and Otto Upgrade.
.....lovely couple as long as they don't try to poach my seat so that they can sit together.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Crysius
I was notified last night of my upgrade status to comfort+ on both the flight from Dayton to Atlanta and Atlanta to JFK. Today upon check-in I was advised of the payment necessary for my checked bag upon my return flight home, and that I lost both upgrades due to losing my silver since last night. No email was sent to me notifying me of the change allowing me to have the opportunity to choose a new seat, or be prepared to pay for the checked luggage. I was very upset that Delta did not have the courtesy to advise of the change. It seems to me that Delta is happy to advise of something positive, however leaves the negative til the last minute. Over promising and under delivering is not a way to run a business.
I don't really like AA, but this is one area it crushes DL. I got Gold status on AA a couple years ago due to a single trip in QR biz to singapore. Still primarily fly DL, but this past weekend flew to SLC out on DL and back on AA. Even though my AA status expired on 1/31, they base your free bag and priority seats on the status at the time you book. As such, we still got our one free checked bag and kept our exit row preferred seats even though our status lapsed on 1/31.
DCP2016 and Crysius like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by mnbp
Originally Posted by LBJ
Not sure which automation you are talking about. Automatic C+ upgrades (using SU class) for Medallions have been around since May, 2016. Perhaps you are thinking of TATL routes where they did not start selling C+ as a separate fare until Jan 2018.

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016
I was thinking of the ticketing automation behind the feature allowing Medallions to use the seat map and deselect an assigned C+ upgrade - the automation automatically adjusts the ticket from SU to V or X or U or whatever the original coach class was on the ticket. That automation runs at a customer transaction level instead of in batches as the original C+ upgrade process worked. A side effect of this easy reticketing could be what OP is talking about at check-in, getting bumped if no longer eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.