Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Bye Bye Plat, Bye Bye Happiness, Hello Loneliness :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bye Bye Plat, Bye Bye Happiness, Hello Loneliness :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I did not believe this until I googled it. So sad!
It was our first time seeing him so I am glad we got to.

Simple PHX-LAX flight and had a great weekend in LA.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: HA KE OZ UA AA DL
I dropped from Platinum to nothing.
For the first time in more than 20 years, I have no status on any airline - but, for me, it really doesn't matter much.
Sure, I wouldn't mind having status, but being free to pick the airline/flight I want without regard to trying to earn super devalued miles with super devalued perks is no brainer.
I will pay for the premium cabin where appropriate - so about the only thing status would do is give more devalued points/miles.
I like Delta, but for me, the changes they made to fare structure (used to have really decent refundable fares for routes I wanted to fly up front), etc. - haven't stepped foot on Delta metal since 2017.
I am very near 1MM on many different airlines, but they all changed their FF plans just in time to turn me off from favoring their programs.
Still burning up the miles - not so many left but have Delta, United, American, Korean & Hawaiian....
DiverDave likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by kimChee
being free to pick the airline/flight I want without regard to trying to earn super devalued miles with super devalued perks is no brainer.
Congrats!

Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Ah, more long-time posters - good to hear from all of you!

The benefits of #teamboardlast !

You may be assured I have been trained by the best in the business!

Cholula, you're still here! It was a sad day when your dedicated thread was closed....

And our favourite retired mod. ^

And I am 12 days away from my first flight as an FO in over 13 years. Maybe I will still be thanked for being MM, though.

[/left]
Yes, without the rollover, I would have dropped several years back. And nobody has matched that, except Hilton now has rollover nights but they only roll over for one year.

Always good to hear from you. I will be in Lompoc for much of the next few months, so do let me know if your wine tasting team heads that way.

As with you, the DiverDave travel policy permits first class travel when the cost is not too outrageous. It is far more generous than the travel policy of my employer. Plans are that some time in July or August my employer will discontinue my paychecks and start issuing my pension checks. All good things come to an end, but sometimes they are replaced with something better - here's hoping!
You're too young to retire. Perhaps DL IT could benefit from your help (and you could enjoy travel benefits).
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave
...Always good to hear from you. I will be in Lompoc for much of the next few months, so do let me know if your wine tasting team heads that way....
Bingo.

Check your e-mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.