Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Movable/Retractable Armrests? A350 Premium Select?

Movable/Retractable Armrests? A350 Premium Select?

Old Jan 30, 19, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Question Movable/Retractable Armrests? A350 Premium Select?

Hi - This photo makes it look like some of the armrests on the A350 premium select are movable, where you can push one side down to make your seat wider. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? Or am i just seeing an optical illusion in this photo? If some armrests retract down, do you know which ones? Is it all of the aisle seats on the outside and inside, including bulkhead? Any guidance is appreciated! Getting ready to book a trip and being a bigger guy, seat width is more important to me than leg room. Thanks!

Old Jan 30, 19, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Yes you are correct.

That armrest is in the down position. The aisle seats have them. It needs to be up for takeoff and landing, however. I do not think the bulkhead aisle seats are any different but I have never sat in one.

Also, the center armrest has a small storage cubby for a cell phone or headphones. Just lift up the charcoal colored part of the center armrest that is hinged in the midline of the center armrest.

My only complaint is the underwhelming recline of those seats as you see in the photo. But the padding was excellent. And you will not go hungry in PS at all. Plenty of great food.

Last edited by FlyBitcoin; Jan 30, 19 at 9:13 pm
Old Jan 30, 19, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin View Post
My only complaint is the underwhelming recline of those seats as you see in the photo. But the padding was excellent. And you will not go hungry in PS at all. Plenty of great food.
Is that the full recline depicted? Seems about the same, if not worse, than C+ on the 767.
Old Jan 30, 19, 9:30 pm

If room to stretch your legs straight forward is not an issue, you might be tempted to go for the bulkhead, but 20AB and 20HJ have a fair amount of activity nearby and light that escapes through the gaps in the galley curtains.
Old Jan 30, 19, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by JAeX View Post
Is that the full recline depicted? Seems about the same, if not worse, than C+ on the 767.
DL says it is 7 inches more recline that coach.
I found PS to be a little less recline than domestic F and less than the Premium Economy cabin in VS. Same pitch as VS but narrower seat that VS (18.5" vs 21"). PS in the refurbished 777 is 19" wide.

Still, I preferred to spend more money on a nicer hotel in PEK than on D1 for the flight, and I don't regret buying PS one bit. When I bought PS, DL was booking the connecting domestic legs in F. They stopped that perk back in July and now book the domestic connections in C+.

I arrived refreshed due to the air quality and pressure more than due to the deep sleep I got en route.
Old Jan 30, 19, 9:50 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin View Post
DL says it is 7 inches more recline that coach.
I found PS to be a little less recline than domestic F and less than the Premium Economy cabin in VS. Same pitch as VS but narrower seat that VS (18.5" vs 21"). PS in the refurbished 777 is 19" wide.

Still, I preferred to spend more money on a nicer hotel in PEK than on D1 for the flight, and I don't regret buying PS one bit. When I bought PS, DL was booking the connecting domestic legs in F. They stopped that perk back in July and now book the domestic connections in C+.

I arrived refreshed due to the air quality and pressure more than due to the deep sleep I got en route.
It doesn't say 7" more recline, it says 75% more which is about 7" total (as main cabin recline is about 4").
FlyBitcoin likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: