Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why can't agents book/price 3-stop itineraries

Why can't agents book/price 3-stop itineraries

Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can imagine that there are an enormous number of fare rules and even city pairs so it might not be cost effective for FL to routinely update them based on the current network, but some of these seem ridiculous. OTOH maybe SOP is to insert all hubs as a placeholder to cover future schedule changes.

It would be interesting to hear an explanation from someone who works in RM or otherwise has some experience in how fare rules are determined.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
No. Im not stupid and know the transfers section isn't germane here. See below. Please correct me if the routing rules do not allow for three stops.
The routing rules may allow for it, but that doesn't mean you get to ignore the limitation (if any) on transfers, any more than those multiple stop routings mean you could fly through those cities and ignore min/max stay clauses.

So what do the full fare rules say?

Originally Posted by VX N281VA
Moderator: please close thread. Responses have been unintelligible, inaccurate, and doubting of real facts. The conversation is not productive and it'd be better had between a DL res manager and I.

Sadly, users here have been unable to contribute meaningfully.
aka "I don't like any of the answers I've gotten regarding a situation I inflicted on myself by knowingly pushing boundaries"

Originally Posted by jinglish
OP does that a lot.
Yep. This thread seems like par for the course .
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
So, there's been some dissatisfaction with the OP's approach here. I'll ask you to stop piling on and let the Moderators deal with it. Criticize the argument and issues presented, not the poster.

If you want to discuss weather waivers and routings ITH-SDQ, please continue.

3Cforme - Delta Forum Moderator
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Thysk
Thanks for posting the 25 different "runs". Problem with being rebooked is, that agents usually think "timewise" instead of segment/MQM wise. It could indeed be the case that Amadeus does not favor the schedules that you have posted. I've been having the same issue when doing the OTP-PHX BA/OW runs, I can set up the schedule with 6 stops, however, when there is 1 delay or cancellation, I end up with max 2 layovers, due to the agents not being able to book more segments.
This seems to be the issue.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by davedeboston

And they called 11 times haha
I'm noticing a trend here..
Flying unnecessary segments, calling in an exorbitant amount of times and expecting a different answer even after call #8 lol Then reacting quite rudely when they weren't given answers on this that fit their motive.
Hmmm...
What's your point here? I called 11 times because none of the agents could figure out how to use the system to rebook a 3-stop itinerary that I made via delta.com. I simply wanted to move the entire trip by a few days and keep the same flights. Eventually I got some great agent on the line who was able to make it work.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
The routing rules may allow for it, but that doesn't mean you get to ignore the limitation (if any) on transfers, any more than those multiple stop routings mean you could fly through those cities and ignore min/max stay clauses.

So what do the full fare rules say?

aka "I don't like any of the answers I've gotten regarding a situation I inflicted on myself by knowingly pushing boundaries"

Yep. This thread seems like par for the course .

I've had it with you and your assumptions.

1) The full fare rules state:

UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION
ANY COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING -
UNLIMITED ONLINE ON DL.
AND - 1 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION
ANY COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING -
1 INTERLINE INCLUDING DL.
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND
EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE
COMPONENT."

Do you know what unlimited means?

2) How is it pushing boundaries to ask for an W-X-Y-Z flying to/from/through at least two cities affected by WX delays to be moved to W-X-Y-Z a few days later?

3) Par for the course for what?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I can imagine that there are an enormous number of fare rules and even city pairs so it might not be cost effective for FL to routinely update them based on the current network, but some of these seem ridiculous. OTOH maybe SOP is to insert all hubs as a placeholder to cover future schedule changes.

It would be interesting to hear an explanation from someone who works in RM or otherwise has some experience in how fare rules are determined.

That'd be a fascinating explanation. It seems, genearlly, that the more obscure cities have all/most hubs included, even if the routes aren't flown. More popular routes, on the other hand, generally seem to have fare rules that are individually tailored to the O&D cities, the hubs in between, and the reasonableness/necessity of the connection.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:47 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This thread is closed as the discussion was not productive.

Ryandc99, Moderator Delta Air Lines

Last edited by ryandc99; Jan 30, 2019 at 9:59 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.