Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Are Upgrade Notifications From App New (or is it my new phone)?

Old Jan 25, 19, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC

I got a new iPhone yesterday and booked 5 separate 2-4 leg trips today trips today. I received quite a series of notifications for every C+ upgrade from the app. It was kind of annoying. Delta isn't even showing in in the list of apps under settings and I can't figure out how to shut it off, but I definitely don't want to shut off Delta alerts anyway, just these stupid upgrade notifications. Anyone know? Is there a thread I missed?

Old Jan 25, 19, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by bergamini View Post
I got a new iPhone yesterday and booked 5 separate 2-4 leg trips today trips today. I received quite a series of notifications for every C+ upgrade from the app. It was kind of annoying. Delta isn't even showing in in the list of apps under settings and I can't figure out how to shut it off, but I definitely don't want to shut off Delta alerts anyway, just these stupid upgrade notifications. Anyone know? Is there a thread I missed?

I haven’t seen this before but I like it. I guess DL must have done an update to their app within the past week.
Old Jan 25, 19, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Curious if this has made its way to the Android app. Did you also receive an email indicating the upgrade?
Old Jan 25, 19, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JAeX View Post
Curious if this has made its way to the Android app. Did you also receive an email indicating the upgrade?
For both types of upgrades I received emails and alerts.
Old Jan 26, 19, 8:28 am

Programs: DL DM
I have a Note 9 and I woke up with a first class upgrade notification this morning for my flight on Thursday.
Old Jan 26, 19, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta DM; Marriott PP w/ Ambassador
iPhone X and also received these for the first time yesterday - must be a new App update.
Old Jan 26, 19, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a notification and email today.
At least itís not like a flight delay or gate change where I get text message, email, and app notification from both Delta and TripIt. I really need to play around with my settings...
Old Jan 26, 19, 10:54 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
I have the android app and received the same 1st class upgrade notification on Friday for a flight next week.
Old Jan 28, 19, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I also caught another early warning notification system for upgrades:

Upgrade early warning system
Old Jan 28, 19, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR Ambassador, etc.
I like these notifications. However, the Fly Delta app for iOS hasn't been updated since Dec. 6, 2018 (version 4.16.1, major version release to 4.16 was on Nov. 28), and this feature isn't in any of the recent release notes.

The app has had this capability for a while -- it's just that now DL IT has figured out how to use it.
Old Jan 29, 19, 4:14 pm

I have an android and got the notification today immediately after booking.
Old Jan 29, 19, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL - DM
I just got these today as well. I'm curious to see if we'll get them for gate upgrades as well. That would be a nice enhancement; no more having to refresh my itinerary every five minutes when I'm on the bubble at the gate.
Old Jan 30, 19, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ordhater View Post
I just got these today as well. I'm curious to see if we'll get them for gate upgrades as well. That would be a nice enhancement; no more having to refresh my itinerary every five minutes when I'm on the bubble at the gate.
I did not get one for a gate upgrade yesterday. I saw it on the app when I looked proactively while walking to the gate, couldn't update the boarding pass, but the GA had a new card stock BP waiting for me when I got there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: