Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Penalty For Using Wrong Lav

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:50 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Yes, I paid extra for no lineup and no one hanging out next to my seat.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I'm surprised there is a lot of posters mentioning standing next to someone in FC considering we live in a fear mongering society and the FA's before every flight make an announcement against congregating near the galleys/cockpit.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
No. Unless I need to really go and you’re in there.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I mind if it interferes with my need to use the lav.

However, on single aisle aircraft during beverage service it's a lot easier for the passengers and the FA's who are serving in back if C+ in particular are allowed to use the front lav.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
It bothers me too. Less density means a cleaner bathroom and shorter waits for a bathroom. And there is the issue of cabin traffic. I have no problem with coach passengers using the front lav when the drink cart is in the aisle, but when the aisle is clear the coach lavs should be used. I hold myself to this standard too when I'm in coach.

I kind of wish the flimsy curtain that usually doesn't get closed had a big "bathrooms behind you" sign on it.
Spiff and bonoman like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Absolutely bothers me. The premium cabin is supposed to provide an exclusive and premium experience. Having folks from the main cabin parading through F to get to the lavatory is irritating. When I am in Y, even if I am in the first row of Y, I will walk to the back of the aircraft to use the lav. My only wish was that more FAs would actually enforce the policies on this.

Think of it this way...If you are in a SC how would you feel if non-SC members were permitted to walk into the club to use the lavatories in the club? It's really not all that different. Both are environments where people are paying more for, or have earned through their purchasing history, a premium experience.
bonoman likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Yes, it bothers me when this happens.

Last edited by aquamarinesteph; Feb 24, 2019 at 9:42 pm Reason: Hit send too soon.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
If you want immediate/closer access to a restroom, you can pay for F. Otherwise, use the restroom in your ticketed cabin.
bonoman likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC

Think of it this way...If you are in a SC how would you feel if non-SC members were permitted to walk into the club to use the lavatories in the club? It's really not all that different. Both are environments where people are paying more for, or have earned through their purchasing history, a premium experience.
Apples to oranges. The SkyClub is exclusive to those who have access, whether it's through their credit card, paying for it, or flying on a ticket that permits access. While every aircraft has a lavatory in the front of the plane, it isn't "exclusively for first class passengers", nor do I remember reading "exclusive lavatory privilege" as a perk of booking an F ticket, you can correct me if I'm wrong on that last bit, but I scoured Delta's first class amenities and contract of carriage and couldn't find anything.

It's one thing to say/FA's forbidding Y passengers from congregating next to seats or use the front lavatory when mid cabin and/or rear lavatories are available, it's another to classify the front lav as an "F lavatory only".
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:34 pm

Yes.

Seinfeld said it best, “The problem is, that curtain is no security-- there really should be a locking door.

Electrified, with a moat if possible.”
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
This is what flight attendants used to do all the time pre 911 when the curtains were solid heavy fabric and velcrowed together. If a non FC passenger passed through you would be shewed away immediately. But to answer your question yes, I do have a problem with it.

As others have said, one comes up and uses it and next you have a line in the aisle and other in FC can't even use it anymore without getting in line.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
When I am in C+/EC I strategically wait until the Y aisle is blocked with trolleys before I go forward and use the front toilet because then I have a valid reason if questioned by a ball breaking FA (a quick mention of my C+/EC position also helps). However I would only go if the light shows the toilet to be free as I don't think it's fair to hover or stand in line next to business of first PAX.

If I am in business or first then it absolutely doesn't bother me if people come forward to use the toilet because I have done it myself. I once saw a business pax go back and use the rear toilet because the front one was occupied which was interesting. I wonder if any Y pax felt aggrieved at that.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Saint4805
If I am in business or first then it absolutely doesn't bother me if people come forward to use the toilet because I have done it myself. I once saw a business pax go back and use the rear toilet because the front one was occupied which was interesting. I wonder if any Y pax felt aggrieved at that.
No, cause Y passengers have no rights.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CloneCones
Does anyone in first class actually care if people use the front restrooms?
What say you FT?
Yes.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Yes, it bothers me when this happens.
Same. A lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.