Penalty For Using Wrong Lav

Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Five pages (so far) to argue (for the bazillionth time) about lav usage. This is such an awesome thread.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by defrosted
Face it, it is entirely reasonable to ask people to wait in line for the restroom, we do it all the time in our society.
No, we ask people to wait in line if they want to use that particular restrooms. They are free to goto another one that's available to them, whether that's on another floor, another building, or down the alley. Can't really do that on a plane.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
No, we ask people to wait in line if they want to use that particular restrooms. They are free to goto another one that's available to them, whether that's on another floor, another building, or down the alley. Can't really do that on a plane.
Exactly, another that is available to them. We ask people to wait in line or go somewhere less convenient that takes time to get to. Eventually the plane lands.

There are all sorts of scenarios in which being asked to wait in line is acceptable even when a perfectly good unoccupied restroom is available nearby.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Except you are clearly using one in a million scenarios to justify your behavior, so it isn't a reasonable line of thought regardless of whether I like it or not.
Yet one in a million (or even lower chance) scenarios in the airline industry and aviation world (and elsewhere) are commonplace to drive safety requirements, certain actions, etc. I elect to do what minimizes the amount of time I spend standing, unbelted. If I’m in the front part of Y and the front lav is occupied but the rear lavs are open, I walk to the back.

Face it, it is entirely reasonable to ask people to wait in line for the restroom, we do it all the time in our society. The point is you do whatever you please. Just own it and stop using bad logic to justify it. Because some people can't hold it, or you might have unexpected turbulence at 35,000 feet, I go where there is no line, ect., are not reasonable arguments.
“Opinions vary”.
And I fully admit to doing it because it’s best for me - it’s what’s best for my bladder and what’s best for my safety. It’s reasonable to me and it’s reasonable enough that the airlines ask me to stay seated with my seatbelt fastened for that same reason (unexpected turbulence). I’ve been up and about on a jet more than a few times when it has hit turbulence and it’s not fun, so my behavior will continue to be the same whether you find it reasonable or not
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:20 pm

Should have stocked up on popcorn... be back in a minute..
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
“Opinions vary”.
And I fully admit to doing it because it’s best for me - it’s what’s best for my bladder and what’s best for my safety. It’s reasonable to me and it’s reasonable enough that the airlines ask me to stay seated with my seatbelt fastened for that same reason (unexpected turbulence). I’ve been up and about on a jet more than a few times when it has hit turbulence and it’s not fun, so my behavior will continue to be the same whether you find it reasonable or not
You just couldn't leave it at "because it us best for me"? Your only argument that holds any weight.

They ask you to stay seated, you find it reasonable and you comply. They ask you to not use a lav, you find a million reasons why it isn't reasonable, you don't comply because you find it contrary to being best for you. There is a theme here...
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Five pages (so far) to argue (for the bazillionth time) about lav usage. This is such an awesome thread.
And... you just made it longer....
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jeet
Should have stocked up on popcorn... be back in a minute..
Are you going to the lavatory, the one without the line, since you'll be back in a minute?
defrosted likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:39 pm

Oh I always go to the one without a line!
This minute was to pop some more in the microwave
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you going to the lavatory, the one without the line, since you'll be back in a minute?
Just don't use mine LOL.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
Just don't use mine LOL.
As long as its not on the aircraft I am on, you are safe.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
How many of yall in Y pass gas as you walk through F, knowing that you cannot use their lav?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
How many of yall in Y pass gas as you walk through F, knowing that you cannot use their lav?
That joke stopped being funny about 3 pages ago.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
When ready to deliver a "first class" poop, I often prefer to take a dump in the back of the plane. The lavs are bigger. The "first class" lavs in front have reduced space due to the curvature of the fuselage. Contrary to popular belief, it smells the same in either cabin. Ah. . . third grade poop humor.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:16 pm

You sound like my father.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.