Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PSA: ATC has closed LGA to incoming traffic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PSA: ATC has closed LGA to incoming traffic

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
This thread was avoiding partisan rants until now. Please stop. Obviously many of us strongly support the actions of the democratic leadership, and consider the GOP to be fully responsible for allowing a megalomaniac to hold the country hostage because he can't get money for medieval style security, but that kind of conversation should be reserved for OMNI.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by pgh234
I know these people are not getting paid at the moment...but I really hoped air traffic controller "give-a-f@ck" was a little higher than your average govt employee. Scary.
I too would happily continue to do my job without money
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:15 am

I was wondering how long it would take until the straw finally broke the camel's back. I'm sorry for everyone traveling, but I hope this gets something moving. Congress/other high level government people shouldn't be able to ignore the effects of the shutdown.
jdrtravel, Duke787 and ryw like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by SSF556
Glad I am not flying today....next week to Miami but it is not an essential trip.

Nancy and Chuck you out there....hello!
Nancy and Chuck are very concerned about the nonessential trip to Miami for SSF556
mnflyer58 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:21 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by sjackson12
Nancy and Chuck are very concerned about the nonessential trip to Miami for SSF556
Nancy and Chuck don't give a crap about anyone....they can make all this go away right now.

And the ATC has been understaffed for many years..well before Trump showed up. Might be a good time to privatize the FAA and the ATC.

Whatever this walkout will end the shutdown....Trump will cave.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
ATL is currently RED on that map, meaning arrival and departure delays exceeding 45 minutes.

BTW, I think DL might be rationing flights into NYC. From MSP, I noticed that the afternoon departures to EWR have posted delays, while flights to LGA with late morning departures are delayed about an hour while afternoon flights are still posted as being on time. This would make sense since more buiness travelers want LGA than EWR. [Depite what local media are saying, the early morning flights were on time into both LGA and EWR.]
Originally Posted by ethernal
Maybe off-topic, but what's going on in Atlanta? Flights are getting delayed on the outbound; FAA site says it is due to taxi volume. See WX issues all the time, or even runway closure issues, but I've never seen this at Atlanta (beyond being relatively generous on apron space, Delta being the 800 pound gorilla at the airport they proactively manage apron space and hold flights at the gates if needed).

Delay due to staffing issues at ZJX (Jacksonville)

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM
Before this gets booted to OMNI, I am would ask if this is truly something that has cropped up only today, or if this week's weather/wind related mess in LGA (had issues there Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week) were possibly exacerbated by staffing issues.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Please keep this on-topic - delays at LGA. Off topic posts will be dealt with quickly.

From the FAA airport status site:

Due to OTHER / ZDC RECOVERY, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving La Guardia Airport, New York, NY (LGA). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 26 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".

3Cforme - Delta Forum Moderator
jdrtravel likes this.

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by samwise6222
Delay due to staffing issues at ZJX (Jacksonville)

Yes, it was mis-classified before as VOL:MULTI-TAXI - they changed it to STAFFING about half an hour ago.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Please keep this on-topic - delays at LGA. Off topic posts will be dealt with quickly.

From the FAA airport status site:

Due to OTHER / ZDC RECOVERY, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving La Guardia Airport, New York, NY (LGA). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 26 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".

Can we please add ATL to the title? It is being impacted by issues at ZJX as well.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the issue is impacting multiple carriers and hubs it really isn't specific to Delta.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 25, 2019 at 10:52 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Pelosi doesn't fly commercial; she insists on that big government supplied private jet.
Paul Ryan never took a “big government” supplied jet to Afghanistan (except for the time he did that less than 3 months ago).
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
I wonder if this is related. DL2470 from LGA to PBI diverted to ATL. Turned around within an hour and is now en-route to PBI.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is done.

writerguyfl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.