Leaving with 6 empty seats in F

Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by toadman
I'm newly minted Medallion Silver (Lucky me?) I'm flying on DL 3586 Saturday, which shows 6 FC seats available. When I checked in on the on-line app, it said, "This Flight not eligible for upgrade" or something to that effect. I'm traveling with my spouse who has no status, so wondering if that's the reason?
I am assuming your spouse has a SM # also attached to the reservation? I think that is necessary.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:16 pm

Keeping fingers crossed for an empty seat next to me in F tomorrow morning. F is half full and zero on upgrade list so far.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by orca15
Man, I don't get this. If I saw myself from 1-6 with 6 open seats there's no way I would board without an explanation from the GA. Heck, I check with them when I am 1 or 2 for 0 seats. Can't believe there were 6 people that just didn't care to raise an argument! But good for them. The big seat is the WHOLE reason I chase DM (not to downplay the other bennies).
Chances are that the 6 empty seats where last min no shows and when all of the pax on the UG list boarded, there were probably 0 seats. If I’m 1 or 2 on the list, I’ll hang it out at the gate for no shows, further than that and the odds for 3 or more no shows just aren’t very likely and I just will board.

Originally Posted by AntonS
Keeping fingers crossed for an empty seat next to me in F tomorrow morning. F is half full and zero on upgrade list so far.
What flight are you on? Chances are that there will be a few non-revs who will snatch up those seats at the last min if there are no UGs.

TheHorta likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:35 pm

Update: SEA-SFO this weekend, 2 remaining F seats went to NRSA. The lady next to me was captains friend and clearly got superior service. Sigh.

Return SMF-SEA,3 remainkng seats went to NRSA and 1 stayed empty

The empty seat was a saver because my tray table was inop (and it was sealed, so DL was aware and still assigned the seat). The tray table on empty seat was also broken but serviceable with a pillow supporting it suggested by FA..... I noticed half of tray tables on this E175 were bended in the middle and could not stay locked. Is this a common problmp?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Update: SEA-SFO this weekend, 2 remaining F seats went to NRSA. The lady next to me was captains friend and clearly got superior service. Sigh.

The empty seat was a saver because my tray table was inop (and it was sealed, so DL was aware and still assigned the seat). The tray table on empty seat was also broken but serviceable with a pillow supporting it suggested by FA..... I noticed half of tray tables on this E175 were bended in the middle and could not stay locked. Is this a common problmp?
Was it a SkyWest aircraft? IMO they're in bad shape with lots of procrastination on repairs. I was on one where the FC lavatory seemed to be permanently sealed as inoperable.

If there were elites on the upgrade list, you should report the GA's failure to process upgrades to DL.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was it a SkyWest aircraft? IMO they're in bad shape with lots of procrastination on repairs. I was on one where the FC lavatory seemed to be permanently sealed as inoperable.

If there were elites on the upgrade list, you should report the GA's failure to process upgrades to DL.
It was Compass.

Nope, zero upgrade list on both flights. Number of Y pax was moved to C+ for weight balance. Both flights were about 2/3 full in Y.

Last edited by AntonS; Feb 26, 2019 at 5:26 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by toadman
I'm newly minted Medallion Silver (Lucky me?) I'm flying on DL 3586 Saturday, which shows 6 FC seats available. When I checked in on the on-line app, it said, "This Flight not eligible for upgrade" or something to that effect. I'm traveling with my spouse who has no status, so wondering if that's the reason?
Did you have an "E" ticket? If so, that's why.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pgh234
I am assuming your spouse has a SM # also attached to the reservation? I think that is necessary.
+1. A SM# must be attached to companions reservation for a companion upgrade via the automated system . Agents can handle at gate othereisr, but you lose out on window upgrades.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

How does one know if the seat went to NRSA? Does it show something on the upgrade list?

Mike
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:23 pm

You just check back here... every non-rev seating is captured by a Flyertalker seated in coach.
mikeef likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.