Shady Sky Club bartender

Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I don't know metric so when I read that menu I read it as saying 187ml was the champagne-by-the-glass
The idea that you don't know the sizes of typical wine bottles is the least believable thing I think I've ever seen you say. You might not recognize 187 right away if you don't encounter a lot of splits, but presumably you know 750 and can do basic math.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:42 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Zorak
The idea that you don't know the sizes of typical wine bottles is the least believable thing I think I've ever seen you say.
idk I actually kind of believe it
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by Zorak
The idea that you don't know the sizes of typical wine bottles is the least believable thing I think I've ever seen you say. You might not recognize 187 right away if you don't encounter a lot of splits, but presumably you know 750 and can do basic math.
Yea but it's metric math and who knows that?????
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
I've spent a bit of time sitting at the bar in B - the bartenders are the real slim shady.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Old Hickory
Yea but it's metric math and who knows that?????
just bcuz the UNITS are metric doesn't mean the NUMBERS are any different
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
just bcuz the UNITS are metric doesn't mean the NUMBERS are any different
This thread has forced me to do this. How many ML do we think it is? I promise you it is real French champagne and not Cava or Prosecco.
NYC Flyer, CLG, manacit and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bergamini
This thread has forced me to do this. How many ML do we think it is? I promise you it is real French champagne and not Cava or Prosecco.
zero, you poured it into the wrong shape glassware, and it's ruined. AOC revoked
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by BenA
zero, you poured it into the wrong shape glassware, and it's ruined. AOC revoked
exACTly
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by bergamini
Not enough for a good time.
bergamini, wrp96 and Gino Troian like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
exACTly
It just feels better in a big glass! Although it appears I should go one size smaller to white glass: https://www.wsetglobal.com/knowledge...for-champagne/
BenA likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
But regardless, what's even more shady is the bartender tried charging me DOUBLE the price. She claimed the menu was a misprint and the real price was $30 or 1,750 miles. I had to get a manager.
And how exactly was she going to rip you off if you elected to pay with miles?
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
On the flip side, I was recently charged the single glass price for a half bottle of champagne. If DL employees can't follow regs, I wouldn't expect contractors to either.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If it's business travel, why should you care? <joke>

To me, it would be unreasonable to expect a full or even half bottle of Mot in a restaurant or bar for $14, so it would necessarily be just a split (or a glass if the word bottle didn't appear). DL doesn't subsidize the luxury bar alcohol served in SCs, but the prices generally seem fair compared to a city hotel bar, for example.

Free in Cathay/Singapore lounges - only in America does the religious right create laws against free drink.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia

Free in Cathay/Singapore lounges - only in America does the religious right create laws against free drink.
If it weren't for those dang blue laws in places like New York and Seattle!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
So now we've gone from "shady bartender" to "the menu doesn't indicate bottle size" to "I don't know metric." The last one sounds like a purely personal issue, the first two were just false.
How many people know how big a wine bottle is in the English system of measurement?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.