New Delta Milestone splash page

Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
New Delta Milestone splash page

Providing a whole lot of stats and recognition for Delta frequent fliers. Any of our FTers see themselves on the list?

Delta Milestone Awards
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:53 pm

How does someone from Champaign, IL fly almost half a million miles on Delta?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Nice!!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by rucksack
One mile at a time :-)
Air Houston likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
He's an academic at a major research university. His specialty is dynamical systems with applications to international security. He would travel to participate in conferences, serve on professional committees, and collaborate with researchers at other institutions. In addition, he had an affiliation with a think tank in the UK.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I am going to start tagging all my in flight pics with #skymileslife
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:14 pm

There's an issue here

skylifer

MOST-TENURED SKYMILES MEMBER

Silver Medallion Member Atlanta, GA

Since joining in 1981, he has earned nearly 3.8 million miles.

So he has 3.8 million miles and is somehow not GM? Shouldn't he be annual complementary GM?
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
[/left]
So he has 3.8 million miles and is somehow not GM? Shouldn't he be annual complementary GM?
Good catch.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
That was really fantastic. Love how they honored both customers and employees in the same piece. Very important to equate the value of both instead of focusing on them as separate groups.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United 1K, Bonvoy Plat Elite, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC, Nat'l Executive Elite
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
It says earned, so they are talking skymiles, not MQMs
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jboylan
It says earned, so they are talking skymiles, not MQMs
Another good catch, although only earning about 3,800,000 doesn't seem so impressive if it's the total and not just his current balance.

IIRC there are folks on FT with about 3,000,000 RDMs currently available in their accounts, so they've surely earned a lot more on a lifetime basis as I suspect I have, especially if my PMNW miles count.

BTW for other stats, it's interesting that DL is using actual distance traveled and not MQMs, nor is there a "winner" for MQDs.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Well, I doubt he's there much!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
He's an academic at a major research university. His specialty is dynamical systems with applications to international security. He would travel to participate in conferences, serve on professional committees, and collaborate with researchers at other institutions. In addition, he had an affiliation with a think tank in the UK.
My point was that it's remarkable that someone who lives in Champaign, IL would choose to be so loyal to Delta. American is currently the only carrier that serves the regional airport (CMI) and Delta hasn't served that airport since 2010. That leaves flying out of Bloomington (BMI – a regional about an hour drive from Champaign) or flying out of Chicago (about a 2.5 hour drive). Either way, that would still require connecting to a hub to get anywhere.

Presumably he was loyal to Delta / PMNW throughout his career before they left CMI and wanted to stay loyal, but I still think it's remarkable that someone would continue to be so loyal given the changed circumstances.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
My stats are waaayyyyy off in the email they sent. Not that I care much.

The most glaring error is the claim that 100% of my flights were for business last year. Nope - personal trips to Mexico City, Seoul, Rome, Buenos Aires, Portland, OR x2, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Boston.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL
Well, now I want to try and beat the youngest MM... 120,000 so far and I'm 18; sounds doable, only like 4.2k MQM/week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.