Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Milestone splash page

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
You know who I don't see on there...the legendary guy who made his own "Diamond Medallion" hat.
I don't see mbwmbw either
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta DM, United 1K, Bonvoy Plat Elite, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC, Nat'l Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think it's better to fly from IND. It has pretty decent DL service and isn't a bad drive from UIUC. IIRC there's a SC but it might be landside, before TSA airport security. Last summer there was even a nonstop from CDG.
The IND SC is after security
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:38 am

The stats DL provided were actually pretty close for me. Miles flown is definitely BIS miles. The odd stat that I have a hard time believing is that I was in the top 5% of miles flown for all GM, because my BIS miles weren't much above 50K. I can kind of see how its possible with rollover and class bonuses, but still really hard to believe given how many GM are out there.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by The Situation
The stats DL provided were actually pretty close for me. Miles flown is definitely BIS miles. The odd stat that I have a hard time believing is that I was in the top 5% of miles flown for all GM, because my BIS miles weren't much above 50K. I can kind of see how its possible with rollover and class bonuses, but still really hard to believe given how many GM are out there.
This makes me rethink a bit whether more people than we realize do MRs, hold short to maximize rollover, and employ similar strategies or alternatively switch to a different carrier/alliance/FF program once targets have been met.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
No milestones for me even though I've been a DM since 2015.

I wonder if being TYO-based has something to do with it.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:32 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
No email here
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rucksack
How does someone from Champaign, IL fly almost half a million miles on Delta?
Lots of driving to IND. You would think being based in CMI, one would fly AA. But, you can drive to IND or ORD and not have to deal with RJs.

The one thing that sucks about IND is during the winter when it's an hour ahead of Illinois.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
You know who I don't see on there...the legendary guy who made his own "Diamond Medallion" hat.
No, but at least the Top Miler guy is wearing a 360 hat...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:21 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

We are so glad many of you are enjoying your 2018 Milestone e-mail! While most Medallion Members who had enough travel in 2018 to pull in some brag-worthy stats should have received an e-mail, if you didn’t, it may be because you are not opted into your SkyMiles Statement in your profile email preferences. To make sure you get a year-in-review for 2019 travel, check your e-mail preferences here: https://www.delta.com/profile/index.action
GRALISTAIR and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
These are some of the dumbest emails I receive every year from DL (in some form or fashion) and not once has it ever been right.

Apparently 99% of my travel this year was for business which is news to me since i took a lot of personal trips with friends and with the significant other too.

I only flew 97k miles but somehow I am a DM (even with roll over from 2017 I would still be under the DM threshold) DL was off by about 90k miles I flew last year.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I don't see mbwmbw either
He's been MIA / defunct from about 1.5 yrs now! It was funny while he was around to see all his "accomplishments"
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: DL DM
A milestone that would be interesting to see would "Highest number of miles redeemed for a single RT ticket"

It'd probably increase the number of folk willing to shell out >1M miles for one of those tickets just for the chance of making the "Board"
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by cre95
A milestone that would be interesting to see would "Highest number of miles redeemed for a single RT ticket"

It'd probably increase the number of folk willing to shell out >1M miles for one of those tickets just for the chance of making the "Board"
Probably what DL want - loads of miles off the book.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, PC PM, MR LTP, HH DM
Milestone message WOULD be nice.....

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
We are so glad many of you are enjoying your 2018 Milestone e-mail! While most Medallion Members who had enough travel in 2018 to pull in some brag-worthy stats should have received an e-mail, if you didn’t, it may be because you are not opted into your SkyMiles Statement in your profile email preferences. To make sure you get a year-in-review for 2019 travel, check your e-mail preferences here: https://www.delta.com/profile/index.action

As one of the Milestone winners (City Seeker) I was confused because I didn’t get the cool email listing the accomplishments like most of you did, and after awhile realized this was why. I fixed my profile, but the mailing was apparently a one time only thing...... I would LOVE to see how they listed my crazy travel! 🤡🤠🤪

Last edited by browell; Feb 26, 2020 at 6:59 pm Reason: Proofreading is golden....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.