Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A330 NEO Consolidated Discussion Thread

A330 NEO Consolidated Discussion Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by audidudi
Latest delivery dates and probable routings for the first four are as follows:

Ship #3401 N401DZ April...entry into service 1st July...SEA>Asia.
Ship #3402 N402DX May...entry into service 1st July...SEA>Asia.
Ship #3403 N403DX June...entry into service 15th July...SEA>Asia.
Ship #3404 N404DX July...entry into service 15th July...SEA>Asia.
Originally Posted by ajggiant
I just got a schedule change notification for my reservation on the inaugural 330neo flight and, sure enough, equipment has been swapped for 763. Any ideas of on why?
I have no inside info, but based on the first post I quoted above, the first 339 was supposed to be delivered in April. It didn't get delivered until 24 May. DL may be concerned that's not enough time to get the plane into service by 1 July, so they switched the route to a 763 for the time being. It could switch back depending on how things go for DL with the plane in ATL.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:35 am

Might be on the first A330 neo flight from SEA-ICN on Aug 1. It’s not the actual “inaugural” flight for the neo but being the first on the route, do you think there’ll be any kind of celebration?
Old May 30, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by bruininabag
Might be on the first A330 neo flight from SEA-ICN on Aug 1. It’s not the actual “inaugural” flight for the neo but being the first on the route, do you think there’ll be any kind of celebration?
Should be something similar to the A350 inaugural flight from DTW...
Still too soon to be 100% certain of the date of the inaugural flight, though.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
The reason for the delay of entry into service is due to the pending certification of the LDMCR...Lower Deck Mobile Crew Rest.

Last edited by audidudi; May 30, 2019 at 9:31 am
Old May 30, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Should be something similar to the A350 inaugural flight from DTW...
Still too soon to be 100% certain of the date of the inaugural flight, though.
I think you were so excited to reply that you didn't really read what you were replying to. OP is on the inaugural flight for this route, not the real inaugural flight. No, I doubt there will be any fanfare.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I think you were so excited to reply that you didn't really read what you were replying to. OP is on the inaugural flight for this route, not the real inaugural flight. No, I doubt there will be any fanfare.
I concur. Its not a new route either. The only potential fanfare will be from the crew most likely operating the plane for the first time.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Ship #3402, N402DX, has just departed from TLS>ATL on its delivery flight:

https://www.flightradar24.com/DAL9972/20e1d9f4
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:33 am

Looks like the neo on SEA-ICN is officially set to start on October 1. August 1-September 30 officially shows a 767.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Looks like SEA-NRT got pushed back to October 27
Up to October 26 is showing 350

I am on the October 19th flight NRT-SEA so kinda bummed, my equip swiched, but at least I will still have the D1 suites
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:45 am

Yep, just checked my itinerary and the equipment changes have occurred.

Sep 12 SEA-ICN is now on a 767. Thankfully that was the segment I just had C+ on. No big deal.

Sep 18 NRT-SEA is on the A350. Very glad I will still have my D1 Suite on that route!

My spouse was in C+ on the Sep 18 NRT-SEA and with the change to A350 the system rebooked him in PS. Happy with that too!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
IMO:
- DL doesn't need any more A350s or A339s beyond what they have on order. Both are great planes, but I think DL has satisfied its need for these.
- There is very little doubt in my mind that the Boeing 797 is coming. I'll go out on a limb and predict that it will be officially announced next month in Paris. DL really wants this plane, they have pushed hard on Boeing to make it. It really seems pretty straightforward to me that this will be DL's next order and the 797 will have an important in DL's fleet.
- I can easily see DL adding a long term order for 10 to 20 777X to get a better price on the whole deal.

Look, I have no dog in this fight, no affiliation with either manufacturer (other than I grew up right next to the Bombardier plant where the A220 is currently being manufactured). I think Airbus was the better deal for what DL needed last time. And it's fairly clear to me that once the 797 comes out, Boeing will be the better deal for what DL needs next time.

I see no drama here, just a well-run airline making good business decisions.
I don't think Boeing will want to announce a new aircraft programme until the Max is flying again.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
I don't think Boeing will want to announce a new aircraft programme until the Max is flying again.
So that the media can keep their full attention on the Max issues? I hope you never consider a career in Public Relations.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So that the media can keep their full attention on the Max issues? I hope you never consider a career in Public Relations.
They need to rebuild trust in their brand before launching a new product. To do that, they need to have the Max fixed and flying again reliably.

I'm sure when they do, the NMA will sell very well but until then, they really need to keep their focus on the Max.
eastindywalrus likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First day of the Paris air show and the Airbus A321XLR has been announced but nothing from Boeing on the NMA. According to the industry media they are still building their case to take to the Boeing board before making an announcement.

Still think Boeing will announce the NMA? I don't, as discussed, they need the Max issues and the B777X engine issues either behind them or well under control.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:01 pm

Spotted at ATL last week. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good enough glimpse at the tail number.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.