Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A330 NEO Consolidated Discussion Thread

A330 NEO Consolidated Discussion Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
What's up with the IFE on ship 401?

Flew SEA-NRT and none of the remotes in D1 were working. But touchscreen was fine and responsive.

Had the same plane on the return. At the middle of the first meal service, purser apologized that at least 18 screens in Y "froze" and said that all of the monitors would be rebooted. Again, my remote in D1 wasn't working, even after reboot. Also overhead PA was not going through head sets.

Is the IFE problem specific to this bird or the whole fleet???

Are we ever going to see the A350s back in SEA? I really miss them a lot.

Last edited by hikouki; Dec 24, 2019 at 12:22 am
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: DL PM
Flew a a350 out of PVG to DTW a few weeks ago in PE and also had issues with the IFE. the plane tracking wasnt working, according to the tracker we were apparently flying over the south atlantic. They also tried to reboot but nothing was fixed.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hikouki
Are we ever going to see the A350s back in SEA?
I doubt it. A330 is much more suitably sized for SEA markets. And there are all kinds of logistical benefits to having SEA be an A330 hub
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I doubt it. A330 is much more suitably sized for SEA markets. And there are all kinds of logistical benefits to having SEA be an A330 hub
A350 is on the schedule for SEA-HND this summer.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hikouki
What's up with the IFE on ship 401?

Flew SEA-NRT and none of the remotes in D1 were working. But touchscreen was fine and responsive.

Is the IFE problem specific to this bird or the whole fleet???
I dont know if it was ship 401, but the remote on my recent SEA-ICN flight (and the return) didnt work either. I was in Premium Select, not D1.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: delta
How are the Seats in D1 for couples. Unlike the 777-200 or A350, it appears the divider for the middle seats is further forward, and instead of being able to see your partner, even in the seated position, you are instead starting at the Suite light? Is this correct, or can you indeed see and talk to your companion in the middle seats in D1?
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Ship 3405 is on its way to NRT for induction:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N405DX
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Ship 3405 is on its way to NRT for induction:

I didnt realize they would go straight from delivery into service without going for induction inspection.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I didnt realize they would go straight from delivery into service without going for induction inspection.
I don't see any scheduled revenue flights for this plane which would indicate that it is about to enter service.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I don't see any scheduled revenue flights for this plane which would indicate that it is about to enter service.
They're flying it to NRT, but not to enter service? This seems weird. Curious if maybe they just haven't added it to DL system yet for it to be assigned.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:51 pm

According to this post at a.net, all future 339s are going to be inducted at NRT. I know a.net isn't the most reliable source, but that particular poster has a very good history of being spot on with this kind of thing.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
According to this post at a.net, all future 339s are going to be inducted at NRT. I know a.net isn't the most reliable source, but that particular poster has a very good history of being spot on with this kind of thing.
Makes good since to me too, as these aircraft are currently being used for trans pacific legs from Deltas' west coast hubs (like SEA). To begin there DL lives from NRT (or HND post 3-28-2020) allows the aircraft to become available to being used anywhere (which would include seasonal higher demand routes to and from Hawaii for example). I believe DL is slated to have 6 more delivered during the 2020 calendar - DL hasn't earmarked these A339 international legs into their schedule as of today through the end of the year, guess we just start second guessing where they might be placed.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
So, when schedules return to 'normal', we could see the A339s doing SEA-PVG/ -HND/ -ICN(-MNL)/ -AMS? Would all those destinations use up all 7 aircraft?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ChamplinAl
Makes good since to me too, as these aircraft are currently being used for trans pacific legs from Deltas' west coast hubs (like SEA). To begin there DL lives from NRT (or HND post 3-28-2020) allows the aircraft to become available to being used anywhere (which would include seasonal higher demand routes to and from Hawaii for example). I believe DL is slated to have 6 more delivered during the 2020 calendar - DL hasn't earmarked these A339 international legs into their schedule as of today through the end of the year, guess we just start second guessing where they might be placed.
If anything inducting them via SEA would seem to make better sense. Also a shorter trip to SEA from delivery than to NRT. On top it's as noted a DL hub, and where all other A339 are based.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:54 am

3405 has entered revenue service:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.