Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM gifting not working

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:26 am
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
MQM gifting not working

The Delta site is giving me a hard time on gifting the MQM to my friend.
Yes, I have done this for 8 years at least, so I know the site; I also know which card and the points -15k bonus has posted to my skymiles account a week ago, so we know it is ready on our DL account to be gifted
In the past it has taken at the most 24-48 hrs after the points post for the MQM gifting to be ready

Is there a DL lurker like on Starwood in this forum?
I tried Delta Assist, Delta Insider etc etc and could not find the company rep on the forum
Please help.Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
As a test, try gifting them to me and I will let you know if it works :-)

On a more real note, there have been some posts of issues within the card based MQM postings. So perhaps the issue there is hitting you.

I would expect it to get resolved reasonably soon. But if you need to press it I would go with web support group and see if they know anything.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ffI
Yes, I have done this for 8 years at least, so I know the site; I also know which card and the points -15k bonus has posted to my skymiles account a week ago, so we know it is ready on our DL account to be gifted
In the past it has taken at the most 24-48 hrs after the points post for the MQM gifting to be ready

I tried Delta Assist, Delta Insider etc etc and could not find the company rep on the forum
Please help.Thanks

There has been radio silence from any official DL rep for years on this forum. You'll need to call if you are having an issue.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your language is confusing. Assuming you are talking about the Amex Reserve card $30K spend MQM Boost? Generally, when you say something "posts" to your account, it means you selected for yourself (or you waited 90 days and they posted to your account by default). At that point, you can't gift to someone else, that's not how it works. Or do you mean you just received the email from Delta that "15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles are Yours", but have yet to select it? You have to go though this link to specify which account you want the miles to actually post to https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 20, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If OP is talking about the third targeted 15,000 MQMs last year for $90,000 spend, they can't be gifted.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I just gifted 15K to my father a few days ago with the reserve card (the first 30K mark). No issues and he got them in a day.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:08 pm
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by exwannabe
As a test, try gifting them to me and I will let you know if it works :-)
On a more real note, there have been some posts of issues within the card based MQM postings. So perhaps the issue there is hitting you.
I would expect it to get resolved reasonably soon. But if you need to press it I would go with web support group and see if they know anything.
I will keep you in mind next year for sure for the useless MQMs

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
There has been radio silence from any official DL rep for years on this forum. You'll need to call if you are having an issue.
I was not sure about the active participation now. Previously I have used them on FT and they came through, but I am not going on DL much these days after they left DCA and left me with US.
Originally Posted by LBJ
Your language is confusing. Assuming you are talking about the Amex Reserve card $30K spend MQM Boost? Generally, when you say something "posts" to your account, it means you selected for yourself (or you waited 90 days and they posted to your account by default). At that point, you can't gift to someone else, that's not how it works. Or do you mean you just received the email from Delta that "15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles are Yours", but have yet to select it? You have to go though this link to specify which account you want the miles to actually post to https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Thanks for the help. As I stated above, I have been doing this 5-6 times a year with my unwanted MQM x 8 years at least
In general, I spend 30k - the statement posts say Dec 10th, on the 11-th or 12th the 30k posts to my DL account along with the bonus 15k - which at times takes a day more - WHEN that bonus 15k posts, I can then wait a day and then log in to my DL account and gift the MQM.
This time, it says I have used my MQM - my account does not have the MQM; I have not gifted it to anyone, so why no MQM to gift?
It is a DL or Amex glitch.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If OP is talking about the third targeted 15,000 MQMs last year for $90,000 spend, they can't be gifted.
So true! Last time I called Amex for the 90k MQM, they posted it to my account ! which I did not want !!
I wasted good 30k spend on DL instead of on 6 new cards for 5k spend and 350k points

Not so this time - I am talking about the 30k spend
Originally Posted by bretthexum
I just gifted 15K to my father a few days ago with the reserve card (the first 30K mark). No issues and he got them in a day.
FinallY! Thanks for the data point. I will try again in a day or two.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
It is other MQM, than the one from credit cards you can "give" ?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it possible that someone could have hacked your account and gifted the miles to themselves? Maybe DL can tell you this and tell you the recipient's name and even more. It could be one interpretation of the statement that you have "used" the MQM.

I don't think you can gift MQMs by phone, so it shouldn't be a case of an agent having your account open on a call and then forgetting to switch accounts for the next caller.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
This is the URL I received a little while ago for my first 2019 AX Reserve boost gift page:
https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Old Aug 26, 2021, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
My mother never received an email about gifting MQM. Who do we contact as the MQM posted to her account already? (Its the Reserve card)
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
My mother never received an email about gifting MQM. Who do we contact as the MQM posted to her account already? (Its the Reserve card)
How long has it been since your mother hit the spend requirement for MQMs? They post automatically to the cardholder's FF account after some time has passed, but if it's recent, there could be a glitch.

Just as a check, how many MQMs were posted to her account?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Remember, not every charge is included, fees being an example of an excluded category. The AMEX website shows whether a threshold has been met and the $ amounts to attain the next level.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Remember, not every charge is included, fees being an example of an excluded category. The AMEX website shows whether a threshold has been met and the $ amounts to attain the next level.
If you read the OP, the bonus has already been deposited in her account.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by ffI

Please help.Thanks
This is the OP.

This is not the OP.

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
If you read the OP, the bonus has already been deposited in her account.
We've been responding to a more recent post, by not the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.