Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lunch and dinner service on 8 hour flight from Europe?

Lunch and dinner service on 8 hour flight from Europe?

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by zitsky
What are the mid flight snacks in Delta One? (other than the cookies) Travel agent booked our flight and it's going to be a 9 hour flight coming back from BCN-JFK. Might be nice to have a snack in the middle.
I just did BCN-JFK last month in D1 and the service was excellent. Wonderful JFK crew.

The first meal was so much food I was stuffed and skipped the pre-arrival (which I almost never do). The mid-flight cookies are delish and despite me sleeping through it, they brought me two when I requested one and a glass of milk instead of pre-arrival.

Mid-Flight snacks are an expanded snack basket - random salty snacks, chocolates, some fruit, etc. Nothing too substantial.

If you plan to sleep I doubt you will be hungry on the flight. If you are, let the FAs know and as long as you are nice to them, I am sure they will try their best to accomodate you
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
The Skybreak basket: varies from apples/banana's, shortbread cookies, chocolates, chips, sandwiches and so on
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
The ice cream was a half Klondike bar on a stick.
They are actually Magnum bars, and yes, they are not full size.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I am new to Delta One so I appreciate the answers.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:10 pm

Thanks everyone. I am new to Delta One so I appreciate the answers.
You might want to check out the Delta One sale happening right now from Madrid.

It allows travel to most major US cities for ~$1650+ roundtrip
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
You might want to check out the Delta One sale happening right now from Madrid.

It allows travel to most major US cities for ~$1650+ roundtrip
There must be specific dates for that sale. I couldn't get that price.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I just did BCN-JFK last month in D1 and the service was excellent. Wonderful JFK crew.
Sadly, next month when I'm flying this route it's still scheduled to be 767s, and not 330s, which looks to start in March.

But thanks btonkid for the good review of the D1 service!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There must be specific dates for that sale. I couldn't get that price.
Note that the fare is only good on roundtrips with a MAD origin (fares from around 1450 EUR from 6/23 - 8/28 with Sat night stay required). You can't get it if you are originating in the US. D1 fares from JFK are as low as $2400 roundtrip in August with mid-week departures and Saturday night stay. That's about the best you will find from US on DL.
btonkid12345 likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 24, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by daloosh
Sadly, next month when I'm flying this route it's still scheduled to be 767s, and not 330s, which looks to start in March.

But thanks btonkid for the good review of the D1 service!
You know, I did AMS-ATL in the 330 and surprisingly got better sleep on the 767. Not sure if it was the angle or what.

But, the 767s have the massage function (albeit most are barely working at this point) and your knee can stick out of the confines of the seat without it feeling weird (to me) given the lack of angle.

But, I was shocked at how good the service from this JFK crew was. Got their names and sent in a big compliment. One of the best crews I've ever had.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Do most people think the A330 is better than the 767? I'll get to try both. Reverse herringbone seats face backwards or not???
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:59 am

Do most people think the A330 is better than the 767? I'll get to try both. Reverse herringbone seats face backwards or not???
Yes they do. But I really enjoy row 1 on the 767 - the rest of the seats for taller people can feel "coffin" like

None of the Delta One seats face backwards - all forward on every plane type Delta flies
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I definitely prefer the A330, although, despite some issues with shoulder width on the 767s in bed mode, I don't hate that aircraft either.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:28 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Reverse herringbone seats face forward. The reverse means that they you face away from the aisle, unlike herringbone seats in which you face towards the aisle.

One is "reverse herringbone" and the other just "herringbone" only because one style was introduced before the other.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Routing information comes from Delta's website. Options RDU-VCE are through JFK, ATL, CDG. Return BCN-RDU are the same.

My preference is to go through JFK both ways. I'll know in a week or two what the travel agent can do.
Just be aware that immigration at JFK can be a mess, depending what time you arrive and where the flight ahead of you came from.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drminn
Just be aware that immigration at JFK can be a mess, depending what time you arrive and where the flight ahead of you came from.
Thanks. I have a long layover (4h 45m) so it should be ok. Hope to have enough time to visit the lounge. I think we'll be fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.