boston and new england storm

Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Fontaine
Northeast advisory now posted.
And just in time too. I saw a picture of Jim Cantore arriving at BOS.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
If Delta puts out a waiver on changes than doesn't that also apply to any fare basis in the original cabin booked.

If so they would end up diluting any new sales for these later flights. If they delay putting out a waiver then the nervous flyers may just make the change now while seats are still available ad pay the change fees

If you were Delta what would do, call it now? or wait a day or two?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
I have an unnecessary double-connect via ATL and DTW tomorrow. Both are <1hr so I went and called to see if they might consider letting me switch to a one-stop despite DTW not being listed. The polite agent said that she could lose her job if she did an even exchange for something not listed in the waiver. I'm sure if I HUCA enough times I might find someone who'd do it, but it's not work my time at this point.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Why is the travel cut off for the changed flight 1/23? Why can't we travel next weekend instead? Same travel date cut off for AA for some reason.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thats fairly typical for 'standard' weather events. Have a storm, and all operations are back to normal within 24-48 hours and pax all able to be accommodated within a few days of the event.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I have an unnecessary double-connect via ATL and DTW tomorrow. Both are <1hr so I went and called to see if they might consider letting me switch to a one-stop despite DTW not being listed. The polite agent said that she could lose her job if she did an even exchange for something not listed in the waiver.
Do you have a broken fare that requires travel via ATL or DTW?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Why is the travel cut off for the changed flight 1/23? Why can't we travel next weekend instead? Same travel date cut off for AA for some reason.
This is standard language for weather waivers. You can change for dates outside the window and still have the change fee waived, you'll just have to pay any fare difference.

"When rescheduled travel occurs beyond January 23, 2019, the change fee will be waived. However, a difference in fare may apply."
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Part of my extended family is caught up in this mayhem and have a Sunday flight that is certainly questionable at this time. Since they are on non-refundable coach tickets they may end up SOL in trying to make a vacation and cruise out of Florida.

I advised them that since they have no backup to go on a later day, they should just wait out the developments to see if their flight is canceled

If it is canceled due to weather can they request a $$ refund back to the original form of payment since onward one year coupons will not recover their loss?

Any positive experience on this from others?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Part of my extended family is caught up in this mayhem and have a Sunday flight that is certainly questionable at this time. Since they are on non-refundable coach tickets they may end up SOL in trying to make a vacation and cruise out of Florida.

I advised them that since they have no backup to go on a later day, they should just wait out the developments to see if their flight is canceled

If it is canceled due to weather can they request a $$ refund back to the original form of payment since onward one year coupons will not recover their loss?

Any positive experience on this from others?
Yes, if the flight is cancelled, they will have no trouble getting refunds
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Chick FIl-A Red Member
Originally Posted by LBJ
This is standard language for weather waivers. You can change for dates outside the window and still have the change fee waived, you'll just have to pay any fare difference.

"When rescheduled travel occurs beyond January 23, 2019, the change fee will be waived. However, a difference in fare may apply."

Yeah, I've had luck moving to a flight outside of the end of the waiver date if I have a good reason. I've only had to pay the difference in fare a few times... it's never been more than $50. This could depend on a lot of factors, though (including how willing the agent is). I think they can also look at historical fares based on when you booked your ticket. Not really sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.