Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lounge access question at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

lounge access question at JFK

I'm posting this in both the Delta and Cathay Pacific forum as I'm not sure which my situation is best suited for. My family and I will be traveling from Hong Kong to JFK on Cathay Pacific in business class. We have about a four hour layover in JFK to a separate ticket JFK to Buffalo on Delta in first class. I know domestic first class does not typically qualify for lounge access on Delta, but because I'm coming off Cathay Pacific International Business Class is there a lounge in (what I think will be Terminal 2?) that my family and I could gain entry while we wait for our Delta connection? We don't fly that often so I'm not that familiar with the ins and outs of lounge access. Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Your DL JFK-BUF ticket doesn't get you lounge access. DL is no longer selling single visit passes.

Perhaps ask in the Cathay Pacific forum if there are arrival lounge options at JFK?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Terminal 2 is exclusively Delta. It is a small terminal and the only lounge there is a SkyClub, which you won't have access to. Pretty sure Cathay does not have an arrivals lounge at Terminal 8, where you'll land. (Also, a four-hour layover will go by more quickly than you think—you'll have to clear customs and immigration, transit via AirTrain to your new terminal, where you'll need to check-in again and clear security.)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JFK-BUF is all Endeavor RJ-900 flights which exclusively depart from the end of T4 (gates B42 - B55) along with other DL regional partner flights. OP will not be departing from T2.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 17, 2019 at 8:42 am
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by LBJ
JFK-BUF is all Endeavor RJ-900 flights which exclusively depart from the end of T4 (gates B42 - B55) along with other DL regional partner flights. OP will not be departing from T2.
If this is true and the OP has Priority Pass, they can access the Wingtips Lounge in T4, but not the SkyClub.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:00 am

YEs. PP got me into wingtips a few weeks ago even though they had a No PP sign up
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:38 am

Wingtip hours are restricted for PP (after 4PM I believe) - so check.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by loratliff
(Also, a four-hour layover will go by more quickly than you think—you'll have to clear customs and immigration, transit via AirTrain to your new terminal, where you'll need to check-in again and clear security.)
This. With the terminal change, recheck, and trek down to the RJ gates, you may not really have a ton of time to spare anyway. If OP is using Wingtips, he/she still needs to allow 15 mins or so to get from there to the RJ gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.