Wiki Posts
Search

DL Lounge and J seat Query

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:53 am
Original Poster

DL Lounge and J seat Query

Hello all,
Thanks for letting me in. I will be flying cross country in March and I managed to get wide body flights both ways. Delta flt#195 ATL-LAX seat 3A and return on United 2224 seat 7A. I have never flown in a premium cabin and probably never will again so I am really looking forward to the trip. Any advice regarding lounge access or seat choices would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, stotastan
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
The Delta Sages here can inform you better on the seat choice. With regard to lounge access, flying first class won’t get you access. Do you have other credentials that might get you in?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Just to clarify: Even though you have found seats on wide-body planes in a cabin that is often used for business class, business class is not offered on the routes you are on. There are only a handful of domestic routes with true business class like JFK-LAX, LAX-BOS, and a few others. You will still get the nice lay flat seat, but your service level will be domestic first class (singly tray meal, basic pillow and blanket) which does not include lounge access (business class does).
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
The ATL-LAX 77L's until late April or even later are going to be the pre-refreshed 77L. Still a lie-flat, but a pretty tired one. These planes now have WiFi.

I would recommend rows 2-7. Row 7 does not have a B and C seat in the middle so the window seats are a little more private although the mid-cabin boarding door is right behind 7A.

Delta takes meal orders based on FEBO (Front Even Back Odd). It is an odd numbered flight, so DL will take dinner orders from the back to the front, and they could be out of your selection by the time they get to row 3. if you don't order a special meal in advance, then keep that in mind. It will be regular F catering. Not Delta One catering. ATL has no domestic D1 flights because there is no competition here for the likes of Jet Blue Mint.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For lounge access, do you have an AmEx card? If so, which one(s)?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
The ATL-LAX 77L's until late April or even later are going to be the pre-refreshed 77L. Still a lie-flat, but a pretty tired one. These planes now have WiFi.

I would recommend rows 2-7. Row 7 does not have a B and C seat in the middle so the window seats are a little more private although the mid-cabin boarding door is right behind 7A.

Delta takes meal orders based on FEBO (Front Even Back Odd). It is an odd numbered flight, so DL will take dinner orders from the back to the front, and they could be out of your selection by the time they get to row 3. if you don't order a special meal in advance, then keep that in mind. It will be regular F catering. Not Delta One catering. ATL has no domestic D1 flights because there is no competition here for the likes of Jet Blue Mint.
Agreed, and I second this advice to select a seat in rows 2-7 (with a preference for the more aft rows given FEBO). The first row abuts a bulkhead so you will be unable to put any small item under the seat in front of you, and stowing it above you may be less convenient for you.

Regarding domestic D1 at ATL, however, ATL-HNL is a domestic D1 flight.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For lounge access, do you have an AmEx card? If so, which one(s)?
If you have a priority pass membership there's a lounge in concourse F. You can gain access via several different credit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.