Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMiles points offered for an onboard issue; how long until they post?

Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:02 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

The Head Purser on my LAX-HND flight last week told me he was putting 5k SkyMiles into my account due to the cleaning grew literally skipping our entire row in D1 while on the ground.

He pulled out the iPhone and I inputted my email onto it.

Does anyone one know how long it will take for them to post? It’s been over 7 days now.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
It could take 4 - 6 weeks. I would send a message to customer service saying you think 10k, rather than 5k would be a fairer amount & they may issue you the miles before the purser miles post, and then the purser miles will also post.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
4 weeks usually.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound
4 weeks usually.
Interesting. Seems bizarre in this day and age when the entire transaction seems to be electronic, starting with the purser inputting the info on the iPhone. How do they get it to take that long?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
IME it takes ~10 days. The only way it works is if you receive an email the same day confirming your "on board transaction."

This provides a voucher number and the miles to be issued. Another person has to manually issue the miles, and you will receive another email when they've processed the miles.

I had one where I inputted my email, but purser erred and I never got the miles. DM Desk posted them over the phone but made me wait the full 6 weeks first.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
IME it takes ~10 days. The only way it works is if you receive an email the same day confirming your "on board transaction."

This provides a voucher number and the miles to be issued. Another person has to manually issue the miles, and you will receive another email when they've processed the miles.

I had one where I inputted my email, but purser erred and I never got the miles. DM Desk posted them over the phone but made me wait the full 6 weeks first.
I've had miles issued onboard on 2 different occasions. Both times it took exactly 4 weeks.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Last year when I had an issue they never posted. I waited like 6-8 weeks and then reached out on Twitter and they posted them nearly instantly.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:51 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Neither of us has received any such email and it's been a week now.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Happened to me a few months ago. When the points hadn't posted after six weeks, I called customer service. A few minutes later they appeared in my account!
davetravels likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.