Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booked AF, changed to DL stock, how will MQDs calculate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme

So, I booked a J fare for Spousal Unit-1 and myself via the AF app (it wasn't available via DL.com) BOS>TLV through CDG (it was $3K less per pax than any DL marketed flight).

Today, I had to change dates from 29 JAN to 23 FEB -- same flight times and numbers on both outbound and return. Called the DL/KL/AF line, paid the $450pp change fee (fun times!), and the tix were reissued, but now in DL 006 stock, whereas before they were all AF tix and didn't even show up in my DL app.

So, question is, whereas before we would get MQD credit based upon 40% of miles flown, will that now apply, or will it be actual MQD because of the change, even though it's still all the same AF metal?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is based on marketing carrier (not ticketing stock). If flights are still AF marketed (flight num's start with AF), it will be based on distance flown.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
It is based on marketing carrier (not ticketing stock). If flights are still AF marketed (flight num's start with AF), it will be based on distance flown.
Perfecto! Still AF numbers. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:25 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
before they were all AF tix and didn't even show up in my DL app
This could indicate that your skymiles number was not associated with the original reservation. I've booked AF flights through AF and they have always showed up right away in my DL app.

Presumably with the re-issue they show up in your DL app now and that should mean that your skymiles account is associated with them now. You'll want to make sure (at check-in at the latest) that you have these crediting to skymiles and not flying blue or something else. Making sure your skymiles number (or last 4 digits or whatever) is on your boarding pass is a good way to do this, because I don't think they let you change crediting during or after the trip.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kpbadger
This could indicate that your skymiles number was not associated with the original reservation. I've booked AF flights through AF and they have always showed up right away in my DL app.
Really? My AF-marketed-and-operated flight reservations never showed up in my DL account, but I just assumed that was normal. BA bookings don't generally show up on AA.com.

These AF flights were booked via Amex Platinum Travel, with my SkyMiles account. They also wouldn't show on AF.com, as there was no FlyingBlue account associated with it, but I was able to get it to show and stick in the AF app using the PNR.

Maybe it's a difference between booking with AF and using a travel agent?

Hmm, now that I think about it, my SkyMiles number did show in the reservation, but I *think* when I got to the airport it wasn't on the boarding pass and they had to re-enter it (I can't remember for sure). So perhaps it wasn't "properly" associated with the reservation.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL
What am I missing here? I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of the DL SM program. I had understood a person needed to either hit the MQD's or the AmEx waiver.
On a different thread you say "I should hit $250K within Q1" So you are blowing thru the AmEx waiver with ease.
Is their a benefit to more mqd's after getting the waiver? Maybe a gold star added to the BP so the GA can say thank you for your business?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe the OP is trying to win his own contest and be the first to earn DM for next year without using the foreign address MQD waiver? Late January MQDs would give him a shot of at least honorable mention, but I suspect that those MQDs won't matter so much by the revised dates of his trip.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

I don’t think I’m in the running. I was able to push both my NBO and TLV trips to February so I could stay home a little longer. The only trips I have / had are a few quick RT HSV>SNA/LAX, so I will barely hit $3K MQD for JAN. I think I’ll hit the MQD by end of FEB with the two KL / AF paid J trips and a BOS and IAD in F. I don’t think I’ll hit $250K AX spend before the end of March, but maybe...
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: DL DM
I imagine that the OP might be interested in the MQD for Spousal Unit-1, which does make we wonder how Spousal Units 2 and 3 feel about the whole thing.

Originally Posted by hiho silver
What am I missing here? I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of the DL SM program. I had understood a person needed to either hit the MQD's or the AmEx waiver.
On a different thread you say "I should hit $250K within Q1" So you are blowing thru the AmEx waiver with ease.
Is their a benefit to more mqd's after getting the waiver? Maybe a gold star added to the BP so the GA can say thank you for your business?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remyontheroad
I imagine that the OP might be interested in the MQD for Spousal Unit-1, which does make we wonder how Spousal Units 2 and 3 feel about the whole thing.
SU-1 gets all my AXR MQM boosts and joins me on most of my international trips. SU-2 is my business partner, so he’s on his own. SU-3 is my gun and night vision hobby. They accompany me only on rare occasions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.