FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Missing 2018 10k Miles Boost MQMs from AmEx Delta Platinum SkyMiles card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1951163-missing-2018-10k-miles-boost-mqms-amex-delta-platinum-skymiles-card.html)

goalseek Jan 15, 2019 9:44 am

Missing 2018 10k Miles Boost MQMs from AmEx Delta Platinum SkyMiles card

Hi,

On 1/5 (just after the end of my billing cycle), I received an email from Delta confirming (a) that I'd earned the second 10k MQM / 10k bonus miles Miles Boost for the 2018 calendar year on my AmEx Delta SkyMiles Platinum card, and (b) that the 10k MQMs and 10k bonus miles had been posted to my account...but that's not the case. Delta originally tried to blame AmEx but then acknowledged that it's an issue on their end...but still no MQMs have posted.

I planned carefully (I need these MQMs to reach Gold status) to ensure that I exceeded* the qualifying spend in December (*no issues with returns, etc.), and my AmEx statement confirms that I qualified for the 2018 calendar year.

Guidance and advice on how to navigate this situation (e.g., is there someone I can escalate to at Delta? other options?) would be much appreciated - thank you!

MikeNYC1 Jan 15, 2019 10:09 am

I'm in the same boat. Others have reported that they've spoken with Amex and DL, and they're aware of delays in it posting. I'd keep waiting another week or so before poking DL.

They will post eventually, and they'll backdate them to last year.

drchrysler Jan 15, 2019 11:23 am

I have the same thing happening to me as well so am glad to hear that I'm not the only one. I'm planning on holding tight until the end of the month before making any calls to Amex to give it some time to post.

DTWSam Jan 15, 2019 11:36 am

Same thing happened here also, it took about 5 days or so to show the MQM added.

devans999 Jan 15, 2019 12:26 pm

same here, I'll give it a couple weeks before doing anything further.

goalseek Jan 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Thanks, all - it's helpful to know that there are many of us in the same boat. Hopefully, Delta will take action soon.

Just in case...do any of you know a contact/process for escalation if needed? Right now, I still have access to Gold-level customer service, but if this problem were to continue beyond 1/31, I would lose not only my Gold status but also my access to Gold customer service (adding insult to injury, so to speak).

dLo GSR Jan 15, 2019 4:59 pm

same here - haven't gotten mine yet.

DltaSchmlta Jan 15, 2019 5:13 pm

send email to [email protected]

MikeNYC1 Jan 19, 2019 9:15 am

Update: mine posted this morning. First as backdated MQMs, then the rollover updated too.

goalseek Jan 19, 2019 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by MikeNYC1 (Post 30674730)
Update: mine posted this morning. First as backdated MQMs, then the rollover updated too.

Same - good news! Thanks again to everyone for the "while-we-wait" camaraderie and good tips. I did call Delta again last week, and it was helpful to be able to confidently and proactively tell them that was a known issue affecting many customers (vs. getting the "maybe it's a problem with you and/or AmEx" runaround).

indyjosh Jan 31, 2019 11:45 am

Is anyone else is still waiting for theirs to post. I had closed the out the end of the year crossing another mileage boost threshold, but when my statement cut I didn't see the mileage boost. I called Amex and they told me my spend was $22k off of the 3rd mileage boost (email offer from March 2018). I questioned the rep but she then corrected herself and said yes your account shows you qualified, but it will take 10-12 weeks for the miles to post. This is not consistent with other mileage boost thresholds I've received in the past as they always show up on that months statement.

xliioper Jan 31, 2019 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by indyjosh (Post 30724273)
Is anyone else is still waiting for theirs to post. I had closed the out the end of the year crossing another mileage boost threshold, but when my statement cut I didn't see the mileage boost. I called Amex and they told me my spend was $22k off of the 3rd mileage boost (email offer from March 2018). I questioned the rep but she then corrected herself and said yes your account shows you qualified, but it will take 10-12 weeks for the miles to post. This is not consistent with other mileage boost thresholds I've received in the past as they always show up on that months statement.

Did your spend include Manufactured Spend? There were some reports awhile ago that they had stopped counting a certain type of MS (forgot which one) towards the boost. Your final PDF statement for December should tell you if you were close/over in eligible spend where it shows "Your Year-to-Date spend on your Delta Reserve account is $xx,xxx" which I believe should be the same as "Miles Earned for Eligible Purchases" (mine was different by 6 miles for some reason). I think there may have also been reports here of the one-time third boost being delayed (unlike the first two).

MSPeconomist Jan 31, 2019 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 30724418)
Did your spend include Manufactured Spend? There were some reports awhile ago that they had stopped counting a certain type of MS (forgot which one) towards the boost. Your final PDF statement for December should tell you if you were close/over in eligible spend where it shows "Your Year-to-Date spend on your Delta Reserve account is $xx,xxx" which I believe should be the same as "Miles Earned for Eligible Purchases" (mine was different by 6 miles for some reason). I think there may have also been reports here of the one-time third boost being delayed (unlike the first two).

Doesn't the miles earned include the additional mile per dollar on DL ticket purchases?

xliioper Jan 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30724514)
Doesn't the miles earned include the additional mile per dollar on DL ticket purchases?

No, that is broken out on a separate line.