Wiki Posts
Search

Delta point?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
Delta point?

how to I increase my points with Delta as I'am a frequent flyer since 3 months?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by aimensafi
Hi, and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Take a look at Delta's info about SkyMiles Earning:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...arn-miles.html

In short, most of us earn SkyMiles by flying on Delta or Delta partner airlines, and via Delta credit cards.
flatdawgs, bgriff and obscure2k like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Fly more. Going for more expensive fares would also accelerate the points accumulated.

Last edited by cre95; Jan 30, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Get two Amex Delta Reserve and two Amex Delta Platinum credit cards. Spend ~$250K per year divided appropriately between them. Receive 100K MQMs, plus at least 350K RDMs and hit the $250K MQD waiver.

Fly a little and — *POOF!* — you’re a Diamond Medallion without breaking a sweat.
jeet and MarkP24 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Make sure your frequent flyer number is added to all reservations including with partner airlines.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:14 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

My compliments to the kind and helpful answers to the new DL member. aimensafi welcome to Flyertalk.
O2K
Mod
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:39 am

Every little bit helps ... look for ways to earn Delta miles through rental car partners, register your credit cards with SkyMiles Dining and take advantage of SkyMiles Shopping (there's even a Chrome extension that notifies you if a company you visit online offers SkyMiles points).
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:32 am

Get a Delta branded premium Amex card like platinum or reserve.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:13 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to flyertalk!
Depends, when you say "points" are you talking about (1) points you can later redeem for award tickets, or (2) points that will get you to an elite status level that gives you travel benefits like free checked bags and free upgrades from economy?

Type 1 are just called miles or (redeemable miles, RDM) and are usually tied to how much money you spend

Type 2 are called medallion qualifying miles (MQM) by Delta, and are usually tied to distance flown.

Depending on what type of points you're looking for, the strategies can be different. (I think most people here use the word "Miles" or "points" to refer to type 1, and MQM to refer to type 2, but this distinction wasn't immediately clear to me back when I first started flying Delta!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.