JFK Transfer T2 to T4

Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
JFK Transfer T2 to T4

We have a very tight connection (all on one ticket thru delta fyi) at JFK this coming Friday ( it's a couple hours on the return but only 65 minutes this friday). We are going to T4 I believe since our next flight is international. I keep reading that there is a delta shuttle between the 2 so that we don't have to re-clear security but can anyone tell me where in T2 I can find this shuttle? I sort of want to be in the know and ready since I have a feeling we will have VERY little time to get from one to the other.

I guess that coming back it won't matter since we will clear immigration and then have to go thru TSA again, do we do shuttle on way back or just that air tran system?
Not very familiar with JFK so any help or tips would be appreciated.

Also will be traveling with 68 yo Mom and while she is in no way handicapped its not as if it was just me sprinting thru the terminal.
Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
65 mins is plenty of time to make a T2 to T4 connection. You're going to take the Jitney bus from gate C60 in Terminal 2 over to Terminal 4. At T4, the bus stops by B18 and B65, so you'll have to determine which stop is closest to your departure gate.

This is all within security so you won't have to re-clear. The shuttle leaves every few minutes and takes 10 minutes or so. Don't sweat the connection. If it's really that tight timing, let the gate agent at T2 know on arrival to call ahead to your T4 gate.
miadukes and In2ishn like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The shuttle pickup is at C60. Note that mainline domestic flights can arrive/depart from either T2 or T4 (they don't exclusively use T2).
miadukes likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 14, 2019 at 12:10 pm
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
65 mins is plenty of time to make a T2 to T4 connection. You're going to take the Jitney bus from gate C60 in Terminal 2 over to Terminal 4. At T4, the bus stops by B18 and B65, so you'll have to determine which stop is closest to your departure gate.

This is all within security so you won't have to re-clear. The shuttle leaves every few minutes and takes 10 minutes or so. Don't sweat the connection. If it's really that tight timing, let the gate agent at T2 know on arrival to call ahead to your T4 gate.
Originally Posted by LBJ
The shuttle pickup is at C60. Note that mainline domestic flights can arrive/depart from either T2 or T4 (they don't exclusively use T2).
Thank you both so much!!!!
I am not sure obviously if mine will arrive in T2 but its hard to tell and I saw on line that T2 was mainly delta domestic and then T4 intl so i assumed. At least knowing its by Gate C60 I can make a dash for the right area. Yes, Obviously I am counting on everything going the way it should, should my flight be delayed i will make sure to inform everyone!! LOL
I don't think there is a later flight to Zurich so we would miss our first day of a 4 day vacation so yeah, really crossing fingers all goes to plan!
thanks to both of you for the info! I feel better you telling me 65 minutes is good time (online i had read there was no time for even a quick bathroom break and I started to freak out!)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
I am not sure obviously if mine will arrive in T2 but its hard to tell and I saw on line that T2 was mainly delta domestic and then T4 intl so i assumed. At least knowing its by Gate C60 I can make a dash for the right area. Yes, Obviously I am counting on everything going the way it should, should my flight be delayed i will make sure to inform everyone!! LOL
I don't think there is a later flight to Zurich so we would miss our first day of a 4 day vacation so yeah, really crossing fingers all goes to plan!
thanks to both of you for the info! I feel better you telling me 65 minutes is good time (online i had read there was no time for even a quick bathroom break and I started to freak out!)
If you were clearing from an international flight arriving T4 then connecting to domestic T2, it would be stressful as you'd have to re-clear security.

What's the flight number of your domestic segment? That will give you a good idea if it arrives in T2 or T4. In either case, assuming no delays, you should have just enough time for a pit stop at Shake Shack in T4 before boarding.
miadukes likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
T2 is very small, so its quite likely that youre arriving in T4 and wont have to change terminals. I fly almost weekly (a mix of domestic and international) and havent been to T2 in quite some time. Even if you do have to change, you have plenty of time. Enjoy your trip!
miadukes likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
If you miss flight to Zurich there is a later flight to AMS and a couple later flights to CDG that DL could put you on.
If you are concerned, look at the connecting options before the trip and know what your options are (though DL will most likely auto-book you onto something if you misconnect)
miadukes likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

If you were clearing from an international flight arriving T4 then connecting to domestic T2, it would be stressful as you'd have to re-clear security.

What's the flight number of your domestic segment? That will give you a good idea if it arrives in T2 or T4. In either case, assuming no delays, you should have just enough time for a pit stop at Shake Shack in T4 before boarding.
I'm going from 1636 to 408, I tried looking on flight aware but the first flight seems to have a different itinerary today and tomorrow so not sure where it would land.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:33 pm

I'm going from 1636 to 408, I tried looking on flight aware but the first flight seems to have a different itinerary today and tomorrow so not sure where it would land.
Seems to almost always end up at T2 except for one recent T4 arrival. Regardless, as loratliff said, T2 is very small and one can walk between any two gates in 60 seconds or so.
miadukes likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
I am confused, DL1636 is TPA-JFK right? Its scheduled to arrive JFK at 2:43pm on Friday Jan 18 (in fact thats its regular arrival time every day this week). And DL408 doesnt depart till 7:51pm...thats more than 4 hours of transit time at JFK! Was there a schedule change you were not aware of? Check your reservations if those are the right flight numbers...
miadukes likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Delta is famous for changing gates so pay attention to the electronic board as soon as you exit the aircraft. I arrived into T4 on an Emirates flight and then flew on Delta domestically and had to change terminals TWICE and almost did not make the last flight home. There was NO overhead announcement about gate change or terminal change. This was the day after the big snowstorm had barreled through New York and there were many still stranded passengers. It was not pleasant.
miadukes likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Seems to almost always end up at T2 except for one recent T4 arrival. Regardless, as loratliff said, T2 is very small and one can walk between any two gates in 60 seconds or so.
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Yes I was seeing the flightaware except that my flight is not the route that that flight number is currently running.

I am confused, DL1636 is TPA-JFK right? It’s scheduled to arrive JFK at 2:43pm on Friday Jan 18 (in fact that’s its regular arrival time every day this week). And DL408 doesn’t depart till 7:51pm...that’s more than 4 hours of transit time at JFK! Was there a schedule change you were not aware of? Check your reservations if those are the right flight numbers...
Actually so the flight number was initially that on my confirmation so I have been looking at that one thinking that it was going to change route because that happens but I went on the app so ssee if they changed the flight number (they did) my new flight number is 2288. Yup not sure when that happened as my confirmation is 1636 but I had seen that it was TPA to JFK and kept thinking the route would change later in the week. So yeah according to the Delat app the first flight number is now 2288.
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
Delta is famous for changing gates so pay attention to the electronic board as soon as you exit the aircraft. I arrived into T4 on an Emirates flight and then flew on Delta domestically and had to change terminals TWICE and almost did not make the last flight home. There was NO overhead announcement about gate change or terminal change. This was the day after the big snowstorm had barreled through New York and there were many still stranded passengers. It was not pleasant.
Thanks, I am always on top of gates and what not when I have to change planes, I will verify it on 3 different places if I have to. I will make sure to keep an eye out for this just since we are tight,

eta: just looked and my return flight number changed as well. I have never had that happened or at least not that I have noticed. But then I usually always look at app and this time idk why i kept looking at confirmation email.

Last edited by miadukes; Jan 15, 2019 at 6:28 am
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:25 am
Original Poster

So looking at flight aware seems that Delta 2288 is a mix of T2 and T4 so I will just cross fingers its T4 on friday. Just to be sure any C gate is T2 and B gates are all T4 right? That's what I saw on the JFK map.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Just to be sure any C gate is T2 and B gates are all T4 right?
That's correct.
miadukes likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: DL SILVER AMEX MRHH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
No worries

Went T2-T4 last week on a 45 minute connect. The Jitney bus on the runway is quick and very efficient. Youll make it with ease.
miadukes likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.