ATL South Pre Check 1/14/19 Heads Up

Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
ATL South Pre Check 1/14/19 Heads Up

Traveling ATL today? On a Monday morning they have only one line screening bags and one person checking BPs in Clear and one person checking IDs and BPs in non clear pre check.

For a Monday morning I imagine in about an hour it’s going to be a disaster, figure folks who use south Pre Check might want a heads up and plan accordingly today.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 14, 2019 at 10:41 am Reason: date clarity
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Traveling ATL today? On a Monday morning they have only one line screening bags and one person checking BPs in Clear and one person checking IDs and BPs in non clear pre check.

For a Monday morning I imagine in about an hour it’s going to be a disaster, figure folks who use south Pre Check might want a heads up and plan accordingly today.

Ouch. Not flying out today, but will be on Wednesday. Not particularly looking forward to it.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:54 am

Just heard ATL PRE line is currently over an hour..
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I would consider using the International Terminal today if I was flying out of ATL this morning.
spongenotbob likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I would consider using the International Terminal today if I was flying out of ATL this morning.
Good call. Can I check bags on a purely domestic itinerary there?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by spongenotbob

Yes
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by spongenotbob

When you return to ATL, your bags will be at Domestic terminal. So if you parked near International, you will need to take your bags on the bus to get back to your car.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:10 am

I have a 1:45pm flight. Plan to leave my house at 9:30am, will get to the airport at 10:45am. That gives me 3 hours to get through Precheck and to my flight.

...which will probably be delayed or canceled since it's to DC, which has been canceling flights due to receiving a foot of snow instead of the expected 6 inches.

I expect the terminals to be a madhouse too with missed flights. Depending on how things look I might sink the $59 for a Sky Club day pass, if it's even available today. Depends on how crazy the terminal is and what flight delays look like.

Really glad I got a first class upgrade now! And I did a full day's work yesterday figuring today would be a loss because of this mess.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Rabidstoat
I have a 1:45pm flight. Plan to leave my house at 9:30am, will get to the airport at 10:45am. That gives me 3 hours to get through Precheck and to my flight.

...which will probably be delayed or canceled since it's to DC, which has been canceling flights due to receiving a foot of snow instead of the expected 6 inches.

I expect the terminals to be a madhouse too with missed flights. Depending on how things look I might sink the $59 for a Sky Club day pass, if it's even available today. Depends on how crazy the terminal is and what flight delays look like.

Really glad I got a first class upgrade now! And I did a full day's work yesterday figuring today would be a loss because of this mess.
Hate to break it to you, but the $59 passes are no longer offered.

Also, point of data: just left ATL B club. Busy, but not overwhelmed. Plenty of food on the bar and staff are keeping up.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Is this weather, TSA staffing problems, construction?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:33 am

Finally hit the fan.

Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Finally hit the fan.

Ouch
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:45 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Rabidstoat

Everything almost back to normal here in DC, I doubt your flight will be canceled.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:49 am

How much of this is due to over-reacting to the massive security failure announced this weekend:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/us/ts...ght/index.html
Spiff likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Everything almost back to normal here in DC, I doubt your flight will be canceled.
Coworker's flight was canceled but he's coming from Syracuse. Lots more flights from ATL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.