Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Low Value Customer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Renes Points
I know it is hard to keep up with all the Delta devaluations and KeepDescending changes but here is the link as the future is NOW (well 7DEC18): https://news.delta.com/how-delta-mak...ing-your-miles
I’m not going To go back and reread your first couple of posts, but I think you were alluding to CC holders and how they are as valuable (if not more so) than customers actually purchasing seats. No where here does is there a reference to AMEX or CC spend! Please read the financial statements (in particular the 10k statement) to understand the incremental ‘value’ I must assume you are talking about. This site only refers to how to use Skymiles, which I think we are all pretty familiar with.
emrdoc likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:54 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
How the do you measure the value of a retired 2mm ? who flies just enough to still miss Silver reqmts
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by DougSkymiles
I’m not going To go back and reread your first couple of posts
OK so lazy I get it... most on FT read up before they comment

I think you were alluding to CC holders and how they are as valuable (if not more so) than customers actually purchasing seats.
Most see what OP was posting before they just comment.

! Please read the financial statements (in particular the 10k statement) to understand the incremental ‘value’ I must assume you are talking about.
I clearly stated I never EVER buy or sell $DAL stock (nor do I care what the stock does up or down) but clearly it is dropping faster than the value of a SkyPenny this past year!

This site only refers to how to use Skymiles, which I think we are all pretty familiar with.
True I do know the value of SkyPennies but that is not what this thread is about. It is about the value of the OP. Clearly a SkyMile is the same as 1 cent and that is the point of this thread and the Delta CEO and more agree.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt
You seem to be under the miss-information that CC spending is not valuable to Delta (and only those who pay money are). In the $DAL conference call they clearly stated they care not miles spent or money.

Those of use who earn status via card spend and such are just as valuable (if not more so) to Delta. Enjoy your earned perks!

Not lazy, just a little bored. I would think you would be able to add better insights to your posts since you seem to be in the travel related industry. You don’t have to be an investor in DL stock to read their financial statements. But when you make the claim you did above, it would be advisable to read it, and understand it, first!

I am am not saying the OP isn’t of value to DL, but it’s not measured the way you think it is.
emrdoc likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:29 am

I clearly stated I never EVER buy or sell $DAL stock (nor do I care what the stock does up or down) but clearly it is dropping faster than the value of a SkyPenny this past year!
I think that is more a function of the stock market as a whole being volatile over the past year, and less Delta specific. Yeah they took a slightly harder hit then the rest of the market, but they are also up close to 500% over the past 6 years whereas the market as a whole has only gained 75% in that same time. Seems like Delta tends to just follow what the market is doing just at larger magnitudes.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM
Why does everyone on this board think there are personal feelings with Delta. It is a company. You either make the requirements, or you don't. Yes, certain influential or VERY high spend clients get 360. Other than that, you either are a level or you aren't.

Now...for chronic complainers, yes they are keeping track and will adjust offers of compensation accordingly.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Why does everyone on this board think there are personal feelings with Delta. It is a company. You either make the requirements, or you don't. Yes, certain influential or VERY high spend clients get 360. Other than that, you either are a level or you aren't.

Now...for chronic complainers, yes they are keeping track and will adjust offers of compensation accordingly.
Better question is ...why are you not a victim? :-)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Old Hickory
Better question is ...why are you not a victim? :-)
Oh, I get slapped around in the forums pretty hard.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
True I do know the value of SkyPennies but that is not what this thread is about. It is about the value of the OP. Clearly a SkyMile is the same as 1 cent and that is the point of this thread and the Delta CEO and more agree.
Man, is English not your first language or something? You seem to have a really hard time with reading comprehension. Every quote you've shared says that Delta hopes to have 1 SkyMile = 1 cent in the future, which is a context clue indicating that exchange rate is not currently in effect.

As someone who recently booked Premium Select from LA to PVG for 50k SkyMiles (cash ticket was $1900), I can definitively say Delta has not hit this goal yet.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
How the do you measure the value of a retired 2mm ? who flies just enough to still miss Silver reqmts
As a 2mm, you did not have a lifetime gold status ?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
Man, is English not your first language or something? You seem to have a really hard time with reading comprehension. Every quote you've shared says that Delta hopes to have 1 SkyMile = 1 cent in the future, which is a context clue indicating that exchange rate is not currently in effect.

As someone who recently booked Premium Select from LA to PVG for 50k SkyMiles (cash ticket was $1900), I can definitively say Delta has not hit this goal yet.
One rare hit does not make a goal a miss. Generally, if you are on this board, you will get better skymile redemption value than the average.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
I'm probably among the lowest possible Diamonds out there under the current rules. I have an MQD exemption via a foreign address (and as such, I can't view my MQDs on the app, but I would estimate it to be ~$6000 pa with ~$3000 spend on actual Delta flights). I have an AMEX card but I hardly ever use it for non-flight purchases because it is of limited use where I live. I fly low CPM long haul routes, and probably half of those itineraries I bargain hunt. And I travel significant portions on VOZ which isn't even a part of SkyTeam.

With that being said, I can only think of one occurrence where I feel like I was kind of getting the short-end of the stick and was disappointed Delta didn't do more for me in the rule-bending department. Long story short, I was going to spend about ~$1,200 on a MEL-LAX flight but needed to reschedule an LAX-ORD flight that was on a separate itinerary. There was a schedule change but it wasn't "enough" of a schedule change, despite getting an email saying that I *may* be able to change my itinerary. I was meeting someone in ORD so didn't really want to risk a long day of stand-by. I HUCB once but eventually just decided to bite the bullet. I think I ate it to the tune of about $600 or so.

Besides that, I am regularly upgraded, never observed any weirdness going on with my upgrade placement. I have GUCed LAX-SYD 1/2 times so far. And overall I feel as though I am treated like any other Diamond. I certainly will enjoy it while it lasts, as who knows how long the MQD exemption will exist for foreign address holders.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:10 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I am also with the MQD exception via foreign address (my home address). I think I reached the minimum MQD anyway and also the costumer service abroad is different ( I feel they are more cheap when you have issues ).
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
I think I'm a low value elite.... I make status by flying dirt cheap round trips to Asia on China Eastern ($700 CAD to Singapore?!) and then subsequently get upgraded on Delta flights that I get on fare deals for leisure trips. I also eat a lot at the SkyClub, but hopefully Delta's not tracking that yet. MQD waiver since I'm Canadian.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
I have zero status, but I think DL has treated me pretty well when I have flown them. They have bent the rules more than once for me when I have had to rebook due to a schedule change. Sometimes took more than one phone call though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.