Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Atlanta ATL concourse connections

does the pale train connect terminal d with terminal t

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 12, 2019 at 7:31 am Reason: clarity & specificity
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by thomas.carson
does the pale train connect terminal d with terminal t
If you are talking about the Plane Train in Atlanta, then yes, it connects Concourse D with Concourse T.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 11, 2019 at 4:50 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Don't you love auto correct on android.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Don't you love auto correct on android.
You know you fly a lot when Android autocorrects random unrelated words to "plane" "Delta" and "JFK-RDU" (still haven't figured out that last one... Bad Markov chain? )

But to answer OP's original question, yes. You could also walk if need be.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The OP's question was easy enough, but here's another: Does ATL have any connections between concourses other than the main "spine" tunnel containing the Plane Train and walkways? Once upon a time, it did, but I haven't seen those in many years. Occasionally, when I need to connect from, say, A1 to B1, I wish that I could just hop a shuttle across the tarmac rather than taking two very long walks to the center of the concourse and back again. Of course, there is the possibility of a Porsche ride, but that's obviously rare.

Bruce
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Nothing open to the public at least. There used to be a separate tunnel from B to C that I used in my very first ATL connection back in 2001, but that's been closed for many years.
jalves likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Best airport in the world PERIOD. T A B C D E F all connected from one central point in the middle. Wide concourses and minimal clutter in the halls (no shops in the middle of walkways etc)

Centralized security with optional North and South terminal security. My only complaint it with the international (F) I wish they would build a pre security train between domestic and international. That bus system is awful they have.
Weekend Away likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Best airport in the world PERIOD. T A B C D E F all connected from one central point in the middle. Wide concourses and minimal clutter in the halls (no shops in the middle of walkways etc)

Centralized security with optional North and South terminal security. My only complaint it with the international (F) I wish they would build a pre security train between domestic and international. That bus system is awful they have.
I agree that the groundside D to I transport is a problem. Perhaps the one thing they really missed in the '70s design was that ATL would have serious international traffic. Back then, it was just a few short haul international flights that operated out of T (the international concourse back prior to E).

Once E was built the complaint was the baggage re-check for us locals coming home. F and the new international terminal fixed that, but with the problem you mentioned.

Still, all in all the design has worked very well. I hate airports that force me to reclear security because of poor layouts.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:44 am

That B to C tunnel was great! Saved me from missing a connection several times.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by southof30a
That B to C tunnel was great! Saved me from missing a connection several times.
And outlasted Lorenzo's airline by about two decades.

[When ATL was built, Eastern had concourse C and half of B. They had the tunnel built with the airport to save on tight connection time. Always surprised that DL did not do the same with A-B on the other side]
jalves likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by bdschobel
The OP's question was easy enough, but here's another: Does ATL have any connections between concourses other than the main "spine" tunnel containing the Plane Train and walkways? Once upon a time, it did, but I haven't seen those in many years. Occasionally, when I need to connect from, say, A1 to B1, I wish that I could just hop a shuttle across the tarmac rather than taking two very long walks to the center of the concourse and back again. Of course, there is the possibility of a Porsche ride, but that's obviously rare.

Bruce
This is where the ATL layout breaks down. I agree with other posters that, given the size, ATL is excellent...but I'll go from A18 to F5 any day over A1 to B1. And yet that's what I always get
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Generally agree, although concourse D is really not all that wide, and even the other terminals can get pretty crowded in the halls. Concourse T, E, and F are some of the nicest in the country.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:24 pm

The best part about ATL is parking at F and taking a very short shuttle ride for all domestic flights. No long security lines or crowds.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
The best part about ATL is parking at F and taking a very short shuttle ride for all domestic flights. No long security lines or crowds.
Parking at F international is more expensive than domestic. Guess that's the price to avoid the crowd.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:40 pm

I park just off the airport perimeter for $10.50 per day. The only F parking that doesn’t require a short shuttle is short-term parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.