Atlanta ATL concourse connections

Reply

Old Jan 11, 19, 3:32 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Atlanta ATL concourse connections

does the pale train connect terminal d with terminal t

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 12, 19 at 7:31 am Reason: clarity & specificity
thomas.carson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:47 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,001
Originally Posted by thomas.carson View Post
does the pale train connect terminal d with terminal t
If you are talking about the Plane Train in Atlanta, then yes, it connects Concourse D with Concourse T.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 11, 19 at 4:50 pm
Qwkynuf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:48 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere
Programs: Delta FO (I use to be More)
Posts: 2,763
Don't you love auto correct on android.
HWGeeks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 6:03 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: RDU
Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Posts: 926
Originally Posted by HWGeeks View Post
Don't you love auto correct on android.
You know you fly a lot when Android autocorrects random unrelated words to "plane" "Delta" and "JFK-RDU" (still haven't figured out that last one... Bad Markov chain? )

But to answer OP's original question, yes. You could also walk if need be.
FlyerWx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 7:27 am
  #5  
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 13,681
The OP's question was easy enough, but here's another: Does ATL have any connections between concourses other than the main "spine" tunnel containing the Plane Train and walkways? Once upon a time, it did, but I haven't seen those in many years. Occasionally, when I need to connect from, say, A1 to B1, I wish that I could just hop a shuttle across the tarmac rather than taking two very long walks to the center of the concourse and back again. Of course, there is the possibility of a Porsche ride, but that's obviously rare.

Bruce
bdschobel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:09 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOS
Programs: DL PM 1MM, MR LT Plat Premier
Posts: 2,797
Nothing open to the public at least. There used to be a separate tunnel from B to C that I used in my very first ATL connection back in 2001, but that's been closed for many years.
jalves likes this.
LoganFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:55 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, etc etc etc
Posts: 2,190
Best airport in the world PERIOD. T A B C D E F all connected from one central point in the middle. Wide concourses and minimal clutter in the halls (no shops in the middle of walkways etc)

Centralized security with optional North and South terminal security. My only complaint it with the international (F) I wish they would build a pre security train between domestic and international. That bus system is awful they have.
Weekend Away likes this.
vincentharris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 11:26 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Plat
Posts: 5,561
Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
Best airport in the world PERIOD. T A B C D E F all connected from one central point in the middle. Wide concourses and minimal clutter in the halls (no shops in the middle of walkways etc)

Centralized security with optional North and South terminal security. My only complaint it with the international (F) I wish they would build a pre security train between domestic and international. That bus system is awful they have.
I agree that the groundside D to I transport is a problem. Perhaps the one thing they really missed in the '70s design was that ATL would have serious international traffic. Back then, it was just a few short haul international flights that operated out of T (the international concourse back prior to E).

Once E was built the complaint was the baggage re-check for us locals coming home. F and the new international terminal fixed that, but with the problem you mentioned.

Still, all in all the design has worked very well. I hate airports that force me to reclear security because of poor layouts.
exwannabe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 11:44 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
That B to C tunnel was great! Saved me from missing a connection several times.
southof30a is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 12:10 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Plat
Posts: 5,561
Originally Posted by southof30a View Post
That B to C tunnel was great! Saved me from missing a connection several times.
And outlasted Lorenzo's airline by about two decades.

[When ATL was built, Eastern had concourse C and half of B. They had the tunnel built with the airport to save on tight connection time. Always surprised that DL did not do the same with A-B on the other side]
jalves likes this.
exwannabe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 1:24 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Posts: 1,552
Originally Posted by bdschobel View Post
The OP's question was easy enough, but here's another: Does ATL have any connections between concourses other than the main "spine" tunnel containing the Plane Train and walkways? Once upon a time, it did, but I haven't seen those in many years. Occasionally, when I need to connect from, say, A1 to B1, I wish that I could just hop a shuttle across the tarmac rather than taking two very long walks to the center of the concourse and back again. Of course, there is the possibility of a Porsche ride, but that's obviously rare.

Bruce
This is where the ATL layout breaks down. I agree with other posters that, given the size, ATL is excellent...but I'll go from A18 to F5 any day over A1 to B1. And yet that's what I always get
orca15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 4:15 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BMI
Programs: AA Gold, Delta, Amtrak
Posts: 387
Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
Best airport in the world PERIOD. T A B C D E F all connected from one central point in the middle. Wide concourses and minimal clutter in the halls (no shops in the middle of walkways etc)
Generally agree, although concourse D is really not all that wide, and even the other terminals can get pretty crowded in the halls. Concourse T, E, and F are some of the nicest in the country.
KBMIFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 4:24 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 932
The best part about ATL is parking at F and taking a very short shuttle ride for all domestic flights. No long security lines or crowds.
sydneyracquelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 4:38 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: ATL
Programs: Skypass, IHG
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
The best part about ATL is parking at F and taking a very short shuttle ride for all domestic flights. No long security lines or crowds.
Parking at F international is more expensive than domestic. Guess that's the price to avoid the crowd.
t_cliff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 4:40 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 932
I park just off the airport perimeter for $10.50 per day. The only F parking that doesn’t require a short shuttle is short-term parking.
sydneyracquelle is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread