Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

not getting email confirmations on purchases - something changed?

Old Jan 11, 19, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat

I bought some tickets this week, including some upgrades. I can see everything done on the website. But, no email confirmations or receipts. I even went to my receipt and clicked the "email" icon button to send manually - nothing. I've verified the email is correct. I tried to email to another verified email address and nothing.

I sent an email to tech support, but nothing yet there. Has anyone else have an issue this week with email from Delta?
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Just emailed myself an itinerary from delta.com and got it within a few seconds at my gmail address. Are both of the email addresses you tried with unique providers (e.g. @gmail and @yahoo)? If not, it may be a deliverability issue with your email provider.
Old Jan 11, 19, 5:18 pm

Check your email address and spam [email protected]:-)
Old Jan 12, 19, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by glob99 View Post
Check your email address and spam [email protected]:-)
Checked both. Nothing. This is a long-standing email address that I've had for years (a comcast.net address). I changed nothing on my DL account. I'm getting all my other email. My other email account is a work account and I can't send things there. I also tried to email a copy of the reservation from the DL.com site to my Tripit account - never showed up.

I'm wondering if this is now a result of my issues I had back in October when my account was flagged because someone hacked it and stole my miles. It took 2 months for Delta to restore my account and access to it. Maybe the email is still flagged.

Last edited by slidergirl; Jan 12, 19 at 11:32 am
Old Jan 13, 19, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I buy tickets nearly every week and occasionally, I don't get an email. I haven't figured out why. I either just email it to myself or call and have an agent email it to me. Sometimes gmail doesn't pick up an itinerary and put it on my calendar if I have emailed it to myself.
Old Jan 14, 19, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

OK. I tried another browser (Firefox) instead of my default Safari. The emailed receipt to myself at my .comcast.net address came through quickly. I then went back to Safari and tried again - nothing. So, it seems to be something weird with a Safari setting between it and Delta...

thanks for those few who helped make me try other options.
Old Jan 14, 19, 9:00 pm

For some reason I NEVER get emails from delta. Iíve double checked email address, junk mail, etc. I can go in and email myself the confirm but it doesnít have the same information. Frustrating!
Old Jan 14, 19, 9:25 pm
21A

Originally Posted by Kate10010 View Post
For some reason I NEVER get emails from delta. Iíve double checked email address, junk mail, etc. I can go in and email myself the confirm but it doesnít have the same information. Frustrating!
Try going to the receipt and then hitting the email icon (rather than doing so from the itinerary). That should get you a full copy of what they originally send...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: