Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

amex plat no longer needed to enter clubs, if card stored in profile

Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat

As of a few weeks ago Ive noticed that about 90% of the time you no longer need to have your amex plat card swipped to enter the clubs.

Was initially told the (actual) enhancement was only when your bp is scanned with the handheld devices but now ive noticed it usually also works when they scan the bp at the desk.
Bensky13, hi55us and mdbe like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:34 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by runningformqm
As of a few weeks ago Ive noticed that about 90% of the time you no longer need to have your amex plat card swipped to enter the clubs.

Was initially told the (actual) enhancement was only when your bp is scanned with the handheld devices but now ive noticed it usually also works when they scan the bp at the desk.
How do the system knows you are eligible to access using the Plat card?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:35 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
It's possible that they store the card information if you've entered a club with it before.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Confirmed - SFO Skyclub agents stated that the card just needs to be added to your virtual wallet on Delta - they can access the card data from there.
Yoshi212 and vbscript2 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by SDQBound
How do the system knows you are eligible to access using the Plat card?
was told it just has to be linked...assume that means in your profile
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
AA / Admirals Club has done this with the Citibank EXEC card as well. Just show your AA card/wallet on the phone, they scan and in you go.

(and - until Nov of this year, you do not even have to be flying on AA)
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
AA / Admirals Club has done this with the Citibank EXEC card as well. Just show your AA card/wallet on the phone, they scan and in you go.

(and - until Nov of this year, you do not even have to be flying on AA)
I think that’s different because the citi aa exec card gives you membership and is linked to your advantage number whereas the Amex platinum is not a DL specific rewards card.
dw and CPMaverick like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Nice (actual) enhancement. Can make entry more streamlined and adds a layer of protection if you accidentally forget your card on a trip.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Hilton/Marriott Gold
does that mean I can add my spouse's platinum card in my virtual wallet and then I can get access?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:26 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
The next question (which I will probably find the answer to in a few days) is whether this will also work with the CLEAR fingerprint scanners at the check-in desk.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cometcoins
does that mean I can add my spouse's platinum card in my virtual wallet and then I can get access?
I can't imagine this would actually work. The system is almost certainly going to do a name match on the ticketed flyer vs. the named card member just as agents do when presented with a physical card. The DL T&C's are quite clear on this subject -- "Access is non-transferable and can only be used by the Card Member".
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LBJ
I can't imagine this would actually work. The system is almost certainly going to do a name match on the ticketed flyer vs. the named card member just as agents do when presented with a physical card. The DL T&C's are quite clear on this subject -- "Access is non-transferable and can only be used by the Card Member".
I’m pretty sure you could just type your own name in there.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I can't imagine that is the case. Would be the same thing as handing an old membership card to a buddy so he can use while he's traveling and you don't need it.

While the new feature is a convenience, it is also yet one more identity theft risk. The more "profiles" in which you store CC data, the greater your risk.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:57 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by cometcoins
let us know how this works out
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This system worked for me today. Pretty impressed and much easier than pulling the card out every time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.