Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

amex plat no longer needed to enter clubs, if card stored in profile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

amex plat no longer needed to enter clubs, if card stored in profile

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Don’t think this works for the additional Reserve Cardholders yet though. I have an authorized reserve card holder and they had to swipe the card to get in to the SC on Monday.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:20 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CKDGM
The next question (which I will probably find the answer to in a few days) is whether this will also work with the CLEAR fingerprint scanners at the check-in desk.
I didn't find out the answer, because at both SEA and DTW I was scanned in by a handheld-carrying agent before I could make it to the desk. I didn't have to get out my Amex Platinum either time, though, and my BP was on my phone and easy to get at.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Formerly UA 1P/Gold, Hilton Gold
OP states "Platinum card" is linked. Does that mean they automatically deduct $29 upon scan of BP?

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Don’t think this works for the additional Reserve Cardholders yet though. I have an authorized reserve card holder and they had to swipe the card to get in to the SC on Monday.
This has been my experience as well. Linkage works great for my Reserve card with my BP, but Mrs. pauly_long still has to present her reserve card.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pauly_long
OP states "Platinum card" is linked. Does that mean they automatically deduct $29 upon scan of BP?
The Platinum card being referred to is the unbranded AMEX Plat which includes free Sky Club entry when flying on DL, not the DL co-branded Platinum AMEX which has the $29 entry fee you're thinking of. (But yes, it's confusing...)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by cometcoins
does that mean I can add my spouse's platinum card in my virtual wallet and then I can get access?
My guess is they try a hold of a dollar to ensure the card is active/correct. Does make me wonder what happens if you cancel the card after it's been added to your Wallet, though.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:19 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
The Platinum card being referred to is the unbranded AMEX Plat which includes free Sky Club entry when flying on DL, not the DL co-branded Platinum AMEX which has the $29 entry fee you're thinking of. (But yes, it's confusing...)
Correct, this the Amex Platinum charge card.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by bloc0102
My guess is they try a hold of a dollar to ensure the card is active/correct. Does make me wonder what happens if you cancel the card after it's been added to your Wallet, though.
They probably have the same validation system that they have for physical cards, which validates directly with Amex on whether you're eligible for entry. Getting ahold of a dollar wouldn't tell them whether it's a valid Amex Platinum, just that it's a valid credit card.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: 2024: Delta SkyMiles Diamond, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CKDGM
The next question (which I will probably find the answer to in a few days) is whether this will also work with the CLEAR fingerprint scanners at the check-in desk.
I have entered Skyclubs in both ATL and DFW with only clear this week... auto pulled my boarding pass and amex platinum. Super convenient!
CKDGM likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
3/3 this week (RDU, JFK, SFO) with just boarding pass instead of physical AMEX Plat card. Not a big change but nice not to pull out the wallet, especially at JFK with a long queue behind me waiting to scan in

Last edited by Duke787; Feb 10, 2019 at 9:18 pm
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:41 pm

I hope that this gets extended to those who have an authorized user reserve card . I am traveling with a companion this week who has an additional card so I’ll report back if the actual card is needed.
TetonSig likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
I finally got it to work, but I had to delete the card from my profile and enter it again. I won't miss fumbling for my card while I'm putting my phone in the reader.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:56 pm

Card needed to be swipe tonight in ATL F for my companion who has an additional reserve card. Card is listed as the primary card in her wallet so not sure why it didn’t work.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Duke787
3/3 this week (RDU, JFK, SFO) with just boarding pass instead of physical AMEX Plat card. Not a big change but nice not to pull out the wallet, especially at JFK with a long queue behind me waiting to scan in
Down to one step of scanning bp now. I asked whether the AMEX Platinum is reflected anywhere in writing? "Nope, it's 'built into' the barcode."
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:38 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Amex is pushing this functionality pretty hard on their website. It shows up under Amex offers as well as in a mailer I got in the mail.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I'm interested to try this at ORD tomorrow. I just got the Amex Plat (but not the physical card yet) and was able to add to my wallet since they give you your number immediately on approval. Curious to see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.