Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Middle Name Discrepancy in Online Profile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

I have an upcoming Delta flight. I don't fly Delta frequently so I'm not sure if this will be an issue.

In my online profile my middle name is present in my profile but missing in the Secure Flight Passenger Data section. The ticket has the correct name including middle name.

Is the lack of a middle name in the online Secure Flight Passenger Data likely to result in a lack of TSA Pre on the BP?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:57 pm

Highly unlikely to affect TSA Pre.

You can call DL to add your middle name to the secure flight data if you desire.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL DM
You will get all sorts of different opinions on this. When I did my Pre-Tsa and Global Entry interviews many years ago, they said the Secure Flight Passenger Data should definitely match the way
you presented it on your applications. I would call Delta (they may make you fax the information to ATL) and have them update your Secure Flight Date in your profile, if it won't allow you to do it online.
You can also just call and have them update it in this particular reservation, just to make sure.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I called DL once earlier resulting in a lot of confusion and claim that the middle name was misspelled on the Secure Flight Passenger Data section and after a lot of investigation was found not to be an issue. Called again and apparently on their system everything is good so I'm not sure why it is missing when I view it online. I'm, guessing it's a non-issue coupled with some mismatch between what they are seeing and what I'm seeing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.