Amex Reserve MQM + Rollover Timing

Old Jan 8, 19, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LTPP, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Issue with Amex Reserve MQM + Rollover Timing?

I ran into an interesting issue. Yesterday, without thinking about the 2018 rollover MQMs posting I transferred my Delta Reserve MQM bonus to my SkyMiles account. Today when I look in my account, my rollover MQMs have posted with a date of Jan 01, 2019, and there is a line item dated Dec 28, 2018, for the 2018 SkyMiles Amex threshold bonus, but only the rollover MQMs show in my tracking for 2020 status.

Has anyone else run into this? I've never done a Reserve MQM bonus transfer anywhere near to the rollover date, so I'm unsure if this is just a timing thing that will be handled by a batch job sometime soon or a glitch.

Last edited by 404flyer; Jan 8, 19 at 12:30 pm
Old Jan 9, 19, 8:49 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
404Flyer, I see the same issue with my account; rollovers posted with a date of 1/1/19 yesterday, but my reserve card boost miles (reached in Dec) have not. It has taken longer in the past for them to catch up.
Old Jan 9, 19, 8:58 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
There are many threads on this topic. The MQM Boosts will post (or can be selected with Reserve) only after statement close. When the Boost is posted it will be backdated with an activity date in 2018 and count towards 2018 totals. Finally, at a later date, DL runs regular sweeps which will update your status (if there is a change), and your MQM Rollover amount for 2019. This happens automatically every single year. I passed the spend threshold for my second MQM boost after my statement close on 12/25, so now I will have to wait until next statement close on 1/25 for my MQM Boost. These MQM will post with an activity date of 12/31/18 and then when DL runs the next sweep they will be added to my MQM Rollover for 2019. I have done this multiple times in the past and it all works out in the end.
MSPeconomist and 404flyer like this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LTPP, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks, all. I had searched but didn't find anything that seemed to address both. Apologies to all if I missed it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: