FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   PWM Tickets Posting 0 MQM (and how can I get the DM reps from Duluth when I call) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1949855-pwm-tickets-posting-0-mqm-how-can-i-get-dm-reps-duluth-when-i-call.html)

bergamini Jan 8, 2019 6:54 am

PWM Tickets Posting 0 MQM (and how can I get the DM reps from Duluth when I call)

I purchased MKE<>FLL in September with mostly PWM ($450/45K and $37.60 Amex). These historically have posted MQM for me no problem and, in fact, the outbound did post the MQM. Then they clawed them back. I should note that OB had 4 hour delay and re-routed due to IRROPS and return had a 20 hour delay and IRROPS (both maintenance) and I don't know if ticket reissue for new flights on both legs somehow corrupted the ticket Nonetheless, they appear to be completed with processing and the denial is: "3 - This reason code means that this segment status is: Fare flown is not eligible for mileage credit." It's wrong and I know it so I call DM desk. Get a guy with a southern accent. He says outbound is "still processing" (even though it shows the denial code already and not still processing online) and that I should just wait. I wait 2 more days. In that time they clawed the MQM back on the outbound. Grrrr. Call DM desk again. Another Southern accent. This time I'm told PWM ticket's don't earn any type of MQM's, RDM's, etc. Double grrrrr. I finally screen shot the process showing you do get MQD on PWM and send it to Twitter with note of disappointment that my calls in were brushed off. Twitter says will research, comes back an hour later and says appears to be a bulk issue with processing SkyMiles for certain tickets and she's forwarded my request to that team to fix. Anyone else have issues with PWM's posting right now?

Also, the DM desk has dropped a lot in the last month. I've had 6 distinct issues where I have had to HUCA, go to Twitter or just give up. Every time I have a great DM rep interaction it's inevitably someone from Chisholm (Duluth). Any trips or tricks on when to call to get that center?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b7ed901acb.png
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...97ed8511cf.png
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e5130295c8.png

BusTrav8yrs Jan 8, 2019 9:14 am

PWM get 0 MQM's when you use miles for ALL the base fare. If you had applied 40K instead of 45K you would get them.

SamOF Jan 8, 2019 9:16 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 30627339)
PWM get 0 MQM's when you use miles for ALL the base fare. If you had applied 40K instead of 45K you would get them.

That's not correct. PWM gets 0 MQD when you use miles for base fare (+ carrier imposed surcharges). Any PWM ticket earns full MQM.

sydneyracquelle Jan 8, 2019 5:09 pm

I have used PWM to maintain my PM/DM status over the past few years and always got full MQMs without a problem.

TheMadBrewer Jan 8, 2019 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 30629512)
I have used PWM to maintain my PM/DM status over the past few years and always got full MQMs without a problem.

What was the least you paid with $? I think the issue here is that all of the base fare (i.e. the money that Delta gets) was PWM -- the $ didn't even cover the taxes/fees. I too have used PWM a bunch but always just to knock off a few hundred dollars off the price -- a couple times a bit more on a J ticket.

Psyduck1 Jan 9, 2019 5:39 am

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer (Post 30630328)
What was the least you paid with $? I think the issue here is that all of the base fare (i.e. the money that Delta gets) was PWM -- the $ didn't even cover the taxes/fees. I too have used PWM a bunch but always just to knock off a few hundred dollars off the price -- a couple times a bit more on a J ticket.

I've paid for the entire ticket with PWM and received MQM. Not ideal because rounding is in Delta's favor, but it works.

BallardFlyer Jan 9, 2019 5:53 am

PWM reissues screw things up. I also had one earlier this week. You should earn MQM even down to $0. Best way to get Chisholm is to go back to Plat :) I hear you though - I have had the same southern DM agent problem and it’s gotten worse. I don’t know if it’s just abysmal training but I’ve been told the wrong info multiple times. They lack knowledge and empowerment to make changes.

bergamini Jan 9, 2019 7:27 am

I paid $37.60 on Amex and 45K to cover $450. I typically go to the max point where it's at the fare/miles = .01 and then cover the rest in cash. This did not cover the full taxes so none of the fare was cash.

I changed my Delta Plat Amex to reserve on 1/1 and the Reserve card got swiped in the shipping process and someone tried to use (to Amex's credit they caught and denied everything). Could changing my Amex card tier or having the number change somehow have sent a flag that I'm not PWM eligible? Very obscure possibility I realize but it happened after Christmas and before the issue. More likely it's re-issue I know.

With that said, I dry ran roughly the same fare on Delta.com and it shows MQM's. The outbound posted MQM. Then they reissued the return due to their maintenance delay and not only didn't post the return MQM but clawed back the outbound MQM. Just annoying overall.

I'm sure they'll eventually fix it and in the process make me feel like they are doing me a favor, like when I had to escalate to get the 150% MQM on an International G fare in November. This is what bothers me most is that most CRM systems keep track of customer complaints and when they feel they are giving the customer something as a courtesy and not because it's earned. Virtually every call / complaint I have with DL is for them to honor T&C and not give me freebies but I'm paranoid their system shows me as a problem child.