Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection on CI Metal Skymiles Award Ticket

Old Jan 7, 19, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, BA, Hilton

Dear fellow Delta flyers,

I finally splurged on a couple of Skymiles award tickets in J to Asia on CI (a total of 2 longhauls and 2 shorthauls) this Summer. However, I am unable to select seats on delta.com, china-airlines.com doesn't take my PNR and the Delta "Receipt" shows Status: ARPT for all segments.

Does this mean that I will not be able to select seats until checking in (OLCI / at airport)? I'd like to select myself a window seat on the longhauls and am not sure there will be much left at time of check in...

Would appreciate any insight on how I could make this work!

Thanks,
Dave
Old Jan 7, 19, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Call Delta and ask for CI's PNR, then call CI directly.
Old Jan 7, 19, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Once armed with the CI PNR you can also do it on the web site, although you may have to enter both your first and middle name in the name field, i.e. LAST for your last name and FIRSTMIDDLE together. It's possible this is only available within some number of days before the flight, even in J, but I forget, it's been a while since I last did this.
Old Jan 7, 19, 11:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
Call Delta and ask for CI's PNR, then call CI directly.
Does CI impose the 180 day limit for seat selection when calling in? I'm in a similar boat and have the CI PNRs but I'm presented with "Seat selection and seat map is available 180 days to 48 hours prior to flight departure." on their site.
Old Jan 8, 19, 1:27 am

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by JAeX View Post
Does CI impose the 180 day limit for seat selection when calling in? I'm in a similar boat and have the CI PNRs but I'm presented with "Seat selection and seat map is available 180 days to 48 hours prior to flight departure." on their site.
Yes, at 180 days out and closer in go to ?????? China Airlines and load up your reservation with the CI PNR to select seats.

As always, DL PNRs are useless. DL specifically hides all operating airline PNRs (not like NW/012 tickets where all the actual relevant PNRs would show, not like UA that also shows it right online...DL, as always, on purpose makes it more difficult for its passengers to do the most basic things like selecting seats, with its goal always being to keep its customers in the dark and ignorant).
Old Jan 9, 19, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, BA, Hilton
Great, thanks for your input! I called DL and they gave me the CI PNRs straight away. I was able to pull up the booking but will have to wait a few weeks for the 180 day window to come closer.
Old Jan 13, 19, 7:37 pm

For future reference, you can get the CI/Amadeus PNR by plugging your DL PNR into airfrance.us.
MSPeconomist, RealHJ and kaffir76 like this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 6:14 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Bump!

Originally Posted by michael_v View Post
For future reference, you can get the CI/Amadeus PNR by plugging your DL PNR into airfrance.us.
OMG - this is genius! :-:
Worked like a charm - thanks a bunch!
Redeemed an award ticket to TPE/OKA on CI using DL SkyMiles - so finally after waiting 20 years, I've put the miles to good use ... (kinda/sorta)

So DL & CI do not use the same system i.e. Amadeus?
At least I didn't have to call in like I did with my AA/JAL award booking
Old Sep 20, 19, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
You can also tweet it to DL and get the CI PNR fairly quickly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: