IAD Lounge Situation

Old Jan 7, 19, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM/2.9 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
IAD Lounge Situation

It is my understanding that the AF/KLM "Salon" across from gates A20-A22 is closed for reconstruction (I believe that they are enlarging the club by taking the space directly below the current club and making it into a lounge, presumably with an interior staircase to connect the levels). It is also my understanding that the nearby Etihad lounge is servicing the SkyTeam pax who would ordinarily have access to the AF/KLM "Salon".

Have any DL pax with GM or higher status on an international itinerary tried to get into the Etihad club since the closure of the AF/KLM "Salon"? If so, what happened?

Mrs. ND76 and I are on an IAD-ATL-MUC itinerary next Tuesday 1/15. I guess it doesn't hurt to try (we got into a nice club in WAW after the AF contract staff at the counter told us "nie").
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
According to the SkyTeam app, you can use the Virgin Atlantic lounge. I don't see the Etihad lounge listed.

If you have PP, skip everything and go to the Turkish Airlines lounge.
sky303 and gooselee like this.
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
According to the SkyTeam app, you can use the Virgin Atlantic lounge. I don't see the Etihad lounge listed.

I second the recommendation for the Turkish lounge if you have PP. As far as I'm concerned, its the best thing about IAD (not that there's much competition)
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:13 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM

VS Clubhouse can only be used by Diamonds and Plats on non-stop TATL flights to UK. VS is not a Skyteam member, so Skyteam access rules do not apply.
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:37 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum; DL DM, 1 MM; HHonors Diamond
I was on an AF flight from IAD-CDG in J, and the Etihad Lounge was right there for us. So the J ticket on AF made that a no-brainer. I think your question is if you are on DL Y, IAD-ATL-MUC, do you have access to a Skyteam international lounge as a Skyteam Elite+. I think the recommendations here are spot on -- use PP to get into the TK lounge, which is really nice.
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
VS Clubhouse can only be used by Diamonds and Plats on non-stop TATL flights to UK. VS is not a Skyteam member, so Skyteam access rules do not apply.
Old Jan 7, 19, 9:48 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Hmm, this didn't show anywhere on the Android app or website that I can find.
Old Jan 7, 19, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
Hmm, this didn't show anywhere on the Android app or website that I can find.
all the more reason to not use android
Old Jan 8, 19, 8:29 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
TK lounge is nice but can be overcrowded. Took us nearly 15 minutes to find a seat a few weeks ago, until we found out there was an area upstairs that was also crowded.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: