Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta AmEx MQM Whoops

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Renes Points
While I feel for you... data points on this have been know for years.

However, looking at comments it seems, like Delta 250k anyone who wants it waver and grips, you can get this done if you call and ask hard enough! Amazing!
The OP isn't concerned about the MQD requirement or waiver but rather about meeting the spending threshold in order to get MQMs. In other words, OP has $15,000+ MQDs but only 110,000-124,999 MQMs, so no DM for now.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If/when the merchant processes the return, your MQMs (and status) could be clawed back.
Totally prepared for that. But today I got the VISA bill and figured out that is where the credit will being going rather than the AmEx so my planning worked.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Totally prepared for that. But today I got the VISA bill and figured out that is where the credit will being going rather than the AmEx so my planning worked.
HUH? If you buy something on AmEx and then return it, the credit goes back to the same AmEx card. You can't have the credit sent to some VISA card, even if it's in the same name. [Otherwise you would be buying and returning merchandise as a way to pay one credit card with a different credit card rather than doing a balance transfer and/or a cash advance.]
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
HUH? If you buy something on AmEx and then return it, the credit goes back to the same AmEx card. You can't have the credit sent to some VISA card, even if it's in the same name. [Otherwise you would be buying and returning merchandise as a way to pay one credit card with a different credit card rather than doing a balance transfer and/or a cash advance.]
I thought the original purchase was on the AmEx, the wife could not remember which card was used until I saw the VISA bill. Thus the AmEx was never used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.