Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tailored travel: Delta to debut first aircraft with all four seat experiences in Marc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tailored travel: Delta to debut first aircraft with all four seat experiences in Marc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
If flying Y, I will not fly 10-across 777 or 9-across 787. This is why Delta gets my business now. As a passenger, I thank them for not going the skinny seat and aisle route. And, yes, they should market this more (I do think they had a bit in the Sky mag a while back about it, but that's the only time I've seen it mentioned.)
CPMaverick, jinglish and ryw like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by teCh0010
If Premium Select is 8 across, how many seats per row in Comfort Plus and Main cabin? 9 or 10?
NINE. As mentioned on the "777 D1 Suite Refit" thread and several other threads on this forum, no rows will have TEN seats. Period! PE will be 2-4-2...Comfort Plus will be 3-3-3...Economy will be 3-3-3.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:36 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
having been irrop'd onto a KLM 772 in Y, I can confirm that 10-abreast is... not pleasant. At least it was a daytime flight.
CPMaverick and jinglish like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:56 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

What about the 777 flying ATL to JNB..will it have the updated seating in 2019?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by SSF556
What about the 777 flying ATL to JNB..will it have the updated seating in 2019?
That will be one of the last routes with the refurbished interiors.
I looked at a few dummy bookings and do not see the new seat map (8 rows D1 post-refurb plus Premium Select) loaded on ATL-JNB for the rest of 2019
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:19 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
That will be one of the last routes with the refurbished interiors.
I looked at a few dummy bookings and do not see the new seat map (8 rows D1 post-refurb plus Premium Select) loaded on ATL-JNB for the rest of 2019
Yea I am hopeful that by December that will change...just booked a trip from JNB to ATL on Dec 21st
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by SSF556
Yea I am hopeful that by December that will change...just booked a trip from JNB to ATL on Dec 21st
Good luck on that request - the last DL 777 legs to be converted (ATL-PVG and ATL-JNB) - and appears to be the pre upgraded 777's through 2019-December.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by arunhn
Ah, so finally putting Comfort+ back into the 777s with D1 suites. Very good decision on Delta's part.
It was stupid that they took it away on the A350. Obviously, it's cost them some revenue.

It's actually amazing that this hasn't received more publicity. It's one of the few cases of Delta backtracking.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
This does set DL up to publicize their "4-Class International Product" and then use that to maximize upgrade revenue. The DAL shareholder in me loves this. The DM in me is skeptical...

It also allows for more potential paid upgrade monetization levels since an upgrade from Main to PS will now be a "2-class upgrade", and they can charge more for it in cash, miles, or a certificate.

This also sets them up to limit GUC's to 2-class upgrades one day. Meaning if you want to GUC to D1, then you need to buy C+, not buy Main and get the complimentary C+ seat. Just speculation, but we are heading in that direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.