Wiki Posts
Search

General Q & A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
General Q & A thread

Hi all: I just had a really lovely experience. I'm flying AS this weekend and I had a question. I wandered over to the unknown waters of that forum, and was delighted to find a thread titled "2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!"

Then, I posted my question, and about 20 minutes later I got a response! Nobody berated me for not searching for the answer first, or for anything else. I was just given helpful info. It was heaven.

I really like the idea of a general quick Q & A sticky thread for DL. I think it will help A LOT with cutting down on new threads if people have a place to go with general questions and are not able to quickly find a specific thread. I could also see posting a wiki at the top with links to some of the most common threads (partner awards, meals, seats, etc).

I'd personally enjoy being helpful in that thread, and responding in brief and non-judgmental ways, when I can. What do you say DL FTs? A new way for a new year?
puck021, angra and jrkmsp like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:30 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I've used the "Forum Lounge" thread here for that random quickie question kind-of thing, instead of searching for an applicable thread or starting a new one. Peeps are very nice in there!

The Lounge must be loaded with Woodford!

Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I'm in favor of a dedicated thread, if there is enough interest/traffic to sustain it.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I like the idea.

UA forum has something similar:

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Well, then, I guess this is the place to ask...

Why do we drive on a Parkway and park on a Driveway?

Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Well, then, I guess this is the place to ask...

Why do we drive on a Parkway and park on a Driveway?
In Pittsburgh, it's illegal to park in your driveway . . . . .

https://triblive.com/news/adminpage/...inance-parking

https://triblive.com/news/allegheny/...eways-driveway
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Glad there seems to be some support. Does a mod have to create a sticky or can anyone?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Add me to the 'please let's have one' list.

The Lounge is more of a congenial 'chat about useless stuff' thread. If questions are asked, they may eventually be answered. But one would have to wade through a lot of 'stuff' first to see if anyone actually answers the question.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by davetravels
damn, Dave, you’re ALWAYS the contrarian

ok, back on topic ... let’s throw it at the virtual wall and see if it sticks ...

Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When flying in D1, are boxers or briefs prefered?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by TomMM
When flying in D1, are boxers or briefs prefered?
Oh this one is simple. D1 briefs. D1S boxers. PS boxer briefs!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I believe that mods are required to sticky, AND that new stickies in our forum are unlikely, so this thread's relevance will be determined by its use. Unfortunately I don't think that the thread itself can be moderated without the help of a mod, so it'll probably turn into a second lounge thread.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by angra
I believe that mods are required to sticky, AND that new stickies in our forum are unlikely, so this thread's relevance will be determined by its use. Unfortunately I don't think that the thread itself can be moderated without the help of a mod, so it'll probably turn into a second lounge thread.
Well in that case, bartender, set 'em up!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by angra
Yes, I think process for stickying a thread is to use the alert-a-mod button and request it.

For whatever good this will do, let me point out that we do indeed already have a Lounge thread for general chatting/shooting the breeze, and a fairly frivolous (but fun and enjoyable) Hall of Rants thread, so I would guess that getting the mods to approve the use of this thread as a flame-free place for newbies to ask questions, probably depends on not having it degenerate into a third version of those threads.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Although, jdrtravel proposed the General Q&A Thread with the very best of intentions, it is apparent that it is devolving in to a mini-lounge thread.
Therefore, the three Delta Moderators have unanimously decided to lock the thread.
Respectfully,
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.